What Has Getting Older Taught You?

At 54 years of age, I’ve come to the conclusion that you should sweat the small stuff…but remain calm and cool during the big stuff.

What life lessons have you learned?

2 Likes

It has taught me the importance of family

2 Likes

Very true…friends come and go but family is forever.

3 Likes

Age has also mellowed me out. I used to be a madman. I have more patience these days, for other people and situations I find myself in.

1 Like

i am going to tell you that i am now 29 to 30 years old in the next july i ll become 30 years old
complete 30 years old i spent here in our so called life
actually my life didnt stop at the 30 years old i lived
i remember before my birth i had conscious but not strong as the conscious we have in this life any way
i learned alot that life dont stop at you and world
there are alot of bad people that stop in the way of anyone who try to achieve something
you should take care
like any game there r alot pitfull you should bypass to reach safely to your goal
there are alot of bad people…really

I can size anybody up in about 10 seconds, and decide if I like them or not. Because of this trait, I’ve had very few bad people in my life over the years.

Technology has also taught me to…

Tweet others as you would like to be Tweeted! :wink:

2 Likes

Getting old sucks.

2 Likes

To not sweat the petty things and not pet the sweaty things.

4 Likes

Its never too late to do the things you want to do…

3 Likes

To be patient, live in the moment and enjoy the little things.

2 Likes

Not to put my foot in my mouth as much as I used to.

1 Like

when I was in college, late teens, the big thing was
Everything I Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarden
posters, books, etc.
Gotta love us Gen X’ers.

1 Like

That yoga is for younger folks whose parts aren’t about to snap off. Ow.

Especially in-laws, unfortunately.

3 Likes

I learned that while in nursing: To sweat the small stuff, and to remain calm and cool during the big stuff. I was in my 20’s and 30’s then. It served me well.

Getting older has taught me that yoga is very good for us older folks if you start when you are younger (I started at age 45), and keep at it into your older years. It will serve you all of your life.

@SkinnyMe How do you remain calm and cool during the big stuff? is it just something you adapt to being in a high stress job? Is it something that can be learned?

Look after my teeth

2 Likes

I wasted 15 years of my life due to sz and I keep losing with time because there is no treatment in the near future. Aging sucks in my case.

I think I will die and waste all my life because there will never be a treatment for negative and cognitive symptoms.

Every complaint is valid, they are not all true however.

1 Like