What happens when you fight back?

what happens when you fight the voices? I try to argue with them sometimes and it doesn’t always end with me winning. they are trying to control my life. they tell me i’m not doing something right and they tell me who to trust and who not to trust.

1 Like

They get angry and dominate me getting more louder and intrusive sometimes I’m in submition that don’t do me any favours I just gotta concentrate on ignoring em and it’s effort

4 Likes

They get aggressive, sometimes violent.

1 Like

What med’s are you on? Maybe your pdoc can put you on a better med.

I’m on haldol And latuda.

Fighting then only ever made them worse for me. Best to try to ignore them. At least for me.

3 Likes

Those are pretty strong med’s. Maybe cognitive behavioral therapy or dialectical behavior therapy would work. That’s a rotten way to live. You deserve better.

1 Like

Mine do back away when I’m truly courageous in my words. That’s rare though, and involves some deliriousness.

1 Like

I usually try to ignore them and distract myself…sometimes I try to argue and cuss them…but this just get funny looks by anyone in ear shot…

One does not fight a six foot tall black wolf with razor teeth and glowing eyes.

I ran away from it, like any sane person would. After I grew a bit taller it went away.

(not really voices but I misread the topic)

3 Likes

I’ve hid from the shadow monsters and dodged shadow whales driving…I feel your pain…

I’ve found that arguing with them doesn’t help, it just goes deeper and deeper and ends up with me in a bad place. You have to not engage completely. I understand this can be difficult because sometimes my voices say very inflammatory things.

3 Likes

I just feel guilty if I fight mine - like “You ungrateful child.” I might try telling the voices they are immature and overworked.

This was post awhile ago. Wish I could remember who posted to give them cried for finding it. All about working with the voices instead of fighting them.

1 Like

This is very good, Dreamscape.

1 Like