What does the Bible say about mental illness

when i went mad i looked every where books net every where even in the bible and in the old testement i found this, if you dont go by Gods will your in ■■■■!!

http://biblehub.com/deuteronomy/28.htm

Deuteronomy 28:28
the curses of disobedience…

The LORD will smite you with the boils of Egypt and with tumors and with the scab and with the itch, from which you cannot be healed. 28"The LORD will smite you with madness and with blindness and with bewilderment of heart; 29and you will grope at noon, as the blind man gropes in darkness, and you will not prosper in your ways; but you shall only be oppressed and robbed continually, with none to save you.…

Deeeeeeeeep. I think that’s really deep because I’m a blind schizo lol…

1 Like

like I can’t fight them back when they hit me and I can’t get even or anything. Geez.

I think demons made us.

Makes sense doesn’t it.

Beings of pure evil are the only ones who would make earth and it’s inhabitants.

I’ve got me some demons, it’s what my schizophrenia is, they have even physically harmed me twice.

If there are good beings somewhere they can’t help us or won’t.

I believe the old testament has all these rules that no human can follow perfectly. Even the chosen people that were lead by Moses through the desert and fed with manna weren’t perfect.

So I think God sent Jesus to forgive our sins and help lead us to the path that God wants for us.

But all are free to believe that they want. God doesn’t flood the earth anymore to prove a point.

EDIT yes the law is not abolished but fulfilled by Jesus. So you are not free to do bad stuff because we all will be judged in the end. But God can forgive our sins if we repent. God does not force us to believe in Him, its our freedom to Choose Him.

1 Like

I think demons help cause sz along with genes and heredity, but that’s just me. Of course my doctor doesn’t believe that and I’m not going to argue.

But when people with sz do bad things like harm others or even themselves, I do think evil demons are involved that trick people.

its from the bible, before christ

Science doesn’t do a very good job at making threats… Believe in Newtonian Mechanics or else a rock will fall on you! Of course I still don’t know if I believe the climate change evangelists.

Damn right, getting harassed by menstruating females is such a pain in the … wait, you said “harassment of menstruating females”, never mind. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

yes our saviour was born to save the human race in the ‘‘new testment’’ job done!!

1 Like

i hear in the ‘’ book of life’’ god has wrote down every persons name that ever excisted, for the new world

No Scooby Snack for you, meanie! :tongue:

10-96

1 Like

Did you know Casey Kasem was the voice of Shaggy? That blew my mind when I found out.

2 Likes

The Bible quotes Jesus as saying he wasn’t sent here to abolish Mosaic law and that it is still valid:

Matthew 5:17-19
New International Version (NIV)

The Fulfillment of the Law

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

You are free to believe what you want. I am free to believe that I am better off when free from magical thinking whether it be aliens looking to colonize this planet or the Guy in the Sky telling us he’ll kill us for masturbating. There are good medications and treatments available for both.

10-96

2 Likes

Here’s an interesting article about the Mosaic Law.
http://www.catholic.com/magazine/articles/why-we-are-not-bound-by-everything-in-the-old-law

1 Like

Good article Malvok, everything really did change according to Christian belief after the impact of Jesus.

The New Testament can’t even decide if Jesus was the result of a miracle virgin birth or if he is a descendent of Joseph. Hint: It can’t be both. Also, if he’s virgin born then he is not the Messiah as the link with David is broken.

http://infidels.org/library/modern/paul_carlson/nt_contradictions.html

The Bible is a fallible book written by fallible people. It’s hardly divine and I refuse to take guidance from it. I find being told to do so insulting.

10-96

Jesus was murdered, because of divinty he lives again he rose from the dead , because Jesus is God!!! fact

I cannot resist posting this.

3 Likes

Now that Jesus is done…what about the all seeing alien lol??

2 Likes