What does it mean to be a sociopath

Thankyou for sharing Leafy that’s informative.

1 Like

Again, you are NOT a sociopath

That genuine smile on your face when you were holding your baby nephew/niece said it all.

Wave, my daughter can have genuine feelings of joy and caring. Like I said it’s not all or nothing, it’s a spectrum.

1 Like

Having said that, if I am a sociopath I am not at the severe end. I think it’s just mild and it has been getting much better recently.

Not sure if I’m still a sociopath.

Or ever was.

It’s something a pdoc would have to tell me.

I do have to say that if you are concerned about it, it’s an indication that you are not.

1 Like

I mean, sometimes I don’t have empathy for ppl but how on earth can I truly lmao.

I’m not in their shoes

There is empathy to an extent yes but not truly 100 percent

No one could ever empathise with me 100 percent in life because no one is me.

For example

The fact that you are able to have this level of concern for you effect on other people indicates that you are not a sociopath.

Oh OK.

Yes I really want to do the right thing.

It’s hard to know what it is sometimes.

My daughter would not be able to come to these conclusions

Ask Putin, I am sure he could help you answer that.

Like for example I struggle to fully empathise with those in Ukraine. Because I have never had an experience like that.

But I can try to imagine.

I do need to learn that their struggle and feelings are just as important as mine.

I mean logically I know this.

But I don’t FEEL it sometimes? Do you know what I mean Leafy?

I feel my feelings are more important to me since I am owning my feelings.than their feelings which they own, not me. And I wouldn’t be offended therefore if they find their own feelings more important to them than mine. And I thought this is normal.

So that’s what makes me question if I’m a sort of sociopath trying to recover.

1 Like

Forgive me if I overstep, but I’m generally curious. Who suggested your daughter is a “sociopath” ? I was under the impression that was not an actual diagnosis.

Sorry if this oversteps.

1 Like

On the other hand I do wish everyone well, even those I dislike.

So it confuses me.

I need a therapist :sob:

But my motivation behind it is safety and happiness for everyone, including me,

1 Like

What I’m trying to say up there not sure I explained correctly, is basically I wouldn’t jump in front of a bullet for someone, as far as I’m aware.

Because my life and feelings matter more to me than someone else’s in THAT SCENARIO.
Does that make me a sociopath. I wonder.

@Zoe

Would you drive your car 160 kph on a road with a 48 kph speed limit with several crosswalks for pedestrians?

No.

I wouldn’t.

1 Like

@Zoe

A sociopath would.

The first time I was let in on it was 5th grade. She needed to be evaluated by the school psychologist as part of her disability determination for special treatment by the school in her educational plan. He was not coming out with it and I said well at least she’s not a sociopath and he stopped dead in his tracks. And right then I knew. I started getting really upset and he explained some about it to me and told me to look more into it.

My daughter has been told she was a sociopath by other various clinicians with varying credentials. My therapists have all agreed that she is a sociopath. Anyone that knows her for any length of time agrees that she is a sociopath.

2 Likes