What does it mean to be a sociopath

That’s a sadist, but I do think there’s some possible overlap.

4 Likes

I think you are also an artist @LittleMissSlothy and you use yourself as a subject.

There can be a lot more to your posting selfies. @Zwaynopolous also post a lot of selfies, I think he is also somewhat creative.

2 Likes

I got yelled at psychopath today walking down the street. It doesn’t feel too nice.

2 Likes

is it like a serial killer?

1 Like

You are very kind Kxev

Thankyou :blush:

1 Like

Psychopath possibly is? They apparently have no conscience

Sociopaths are conditioned by life experiences. They’re loud, hotheaded, have no impulse control, will do what they want to do with total disregard for how their actions will affect others, and they don’t care at all about societal norms.

In short, they don’t play well with others.

1 Like

Despite all of this they are the most charming individuals.

1 Like

The dark triad personality traits are three closely related yet independent personality traits that all have a somewhat malevolent connotation. The three traits are machiavellianism (a manipulative attitude), narcissism (excessive self-love), and psychopathy (lack of empathy).

The dark triad has traditionally been assessed with three tests different tests, each of which had been developed individually.

Here’s a link to test yourself on the dark triad scale, it is for fun and not accurate

I too wonder if sociopath is caused or made by own will or due to lack of knowledge.

I know I’m not a sociopath though I’ve done some things I never felt guilty of. Maybe my conscience will start to work on those issues one day. I suffer from guilt about several issues. And I am an empath.

1 Like
1 Like

A sociopath is good at taking advantage of people, but they generally know not to go too far. I heard that they make good corporate executive officers. They do feed on the weakness of others, though. It is a way of life for them. A psychopath usually has huge legal charges for things like murder and rape, but they don’t care. They’re people like Ted Bundy.

Aren’t sociopaths type II psychopaths? I could be wrong but I think mental health experts speak of psychopathic traits and antisocial personality disorder.
@LittleMissSlothy So you’re going to be a sociopath now? What’s your next move, torture small animals? :joy:

1 Like

I know someone with antisocial personality disorder. She attempts suicide on average about once a week and usually wakes up in hospital. She wants euthanasia but can’t wait to undergo the process.

Maybe she got diagnosed with it because she’s a royal pain in the ass on the psych ward. She also has spend years in hospital to no avail.

1 Like

I think its interesting that antisocial means against society not “doesn’t like to be around people”. Said another way, the way that someone who is antisocial behaves is bad for society, not a loner.

Sadly, my daughter is a sociopath. Think of sociopathy as a spectrum not an absolute. Some sociopaths have no feelings for anyone, and some do have feelings but they are less important than having their own needs met in the moment.

A sociopath can learn to get along in society and become very successful. Many CEOs, Doctors and Lawyers are sociopaths and their sociopathy aids them in their success.

In my daughter’s case, sociopathy is only one struggle, she has other mental health issues yet to be determined and a reluctance to comply with suggested treatments that might help determine a diagnosis.

Hating a sociopath is easy. Loving one is very, very hard.

1 Like

Yes I get like this sometimes :’(

I think I’m a sociopath

But anyway I am trying my best to change.

I always thought this was quite normal tbh.?

1 Like