What does it mean to be a sociopath

I hear it a lot on this forum.

And do any of you think you are a sociopath.

1 Like

It means you post a lot of selfies.
Yes I kind of am a sociopath in some ways and not so much in others. I could try to be more loving, but that would be hating myself for not being loving enough.

2 Likes

What does it mean to love oneself too much?

It’s a lot more than this

6 Likes

No. I am a narrowpath. It can be rough taking the path less traveled but I shall prevail.

-S

4 Likes

Yes indeedy you shall Skunky

1 Like

No ones a sociopath for posting selfies

5 Likes

You are not a sociopath @Zoe
Trust me

3 Likes

Sociopath - someone who has no conscience and no capacity for empathy at all - simplified.

4 Likes

Oh right… Thanks that’s what I was looking for.

Okay I think I’m okay then lol :upside_down_face:

1 Like

LOL you are funny miss @Zoe

2 Likes

Not as much as it means to not love yourself enough. An overabundance of love is much better than when love is scarce. Love for others starts with yourself. How you relate to others depends on your view of yourself. If you don’t love yourself it causes problems. So many schizophrenics think they’re in hell and the reason it is hell is because of a sense of unworthiness. They feel they aren’t worthy of love or god or some abstract concept. Love is readily apparent and it is all around you, but if you hate yourself you won’t see it.

3 Likes

some people are confusing sociopath and psychopath. psychopath is the one without the ability to empathize, sociopath is known as antisocial personality disorder and is basically someone who commits lots of crimes against others.

nah i was wrong both lack empathy the psychopath lacks conscience

2 Likes
2 Likes

I thought I was during psychosis.

2 Likes

I think I have shifted back and forth between those mindsets.

2 Likes

This would be more aligned with a narcissistic personality, but still wouldn’t be a means of determining if someone was narcissistic.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification @fractaled, BTW I really like your profile avatar. It’s cool

1 Like

Someone who likes to harm others?

1 Like

Aziz, I’m not really sure.

Maybe someone knows.

1 Like