What does it mean mood disorder?

Fluctuating moods. He looked at me like I was crazy. I know this will sound very racist but he’s an Indian doctor and not had his edu here. I feel his perception about mi is a little different.

Are you saying he didn’t understand what mood disorder meant?

1 Like

He looked scared of me and had little idea kinda like my family lol

I’ve had doctors from other countries some good some bad.

1 Like

I was just wondering if he meant borderline.

That’s a personality disorder, not mood disorder.

1 Like

To my knowledge borderline personality is different to a mood disorder. I think it would be unusual to diagnose somebody with BPD on just one consultation.

1 Like

Mood disorder usually means depressions, bipolar or schizoaffective. He might have just been nervous and not scared of you. I don’t know but I have met some really nervous professionals before.

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned, immigrants are welcome, but they need to leave some of their messed up third world practices behind them.

1 Like

My doctor (psychiatrist) told me that I suffered from a Mood disorder.

Mood disorder usually means bipolar or depression - all types of depression.

1 Like

He said because mine fluctuates and it’s not consistent it’s not depression but anxiety is there I am so fed up with vague answers but I understand where they are coming from

1 Like
  1. Depressed and high mood/mania – Can just be caused by reactions to ‘drama’ or feeling trapped or mistreated too much. Feel okay and then something bad happens, you hit low for a while thinking about next approach you need to take.
    Some do not sleep during mania, so only sleep depressed.
  2. Other people who feel persecuted have an adult temper tantrum about it which is considered mood disorder. Can really be just a big baby with dysfunctional way of handling arguments/annoyance.
  3. After trying SO hard for years and feeling like getting nowhere, few options any one can just sink to depression over it. Is exhaustion.