What do youthink about facebook?

I just came off facebook. I was browseing old friends. So hard. Everyone seem to enjoy life so much, trips familly, friends and hobbyes.
It is not envy but got me into depresion.

Hiw do you manage the contrast between what outside world shows and how you feel inside?

1 Like

I sometimes feel sad when I see things I cannot do. But I am always happy my frie ds are able to do what they are doing or have the things they have.

I only have real, decent folks on my friend’s list. I curate my fb list carefully, many are people I’ve known 15 years or more.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s the feeling I got sadness, and sorry for myself.
Might be a good thing to curate the facebook, but somwhow keeps me curent to what goes on generally in life.

I don’t feel sad or jealous.
They’re stupid.
And they can kiss my ass.

I have 5000 friends on Facebook.
I am not very active there.
It’s boring

3 Likes

Oh,I keep up with the news easily. I just only allow people I get to know and are decent people. I have a few people from here.

1 Like

Facebook is okay as long as I don’t spend my life on it. It’s nice to see ppl I haven’t seen in a long time. I have friends there who I don’t have on my phone.

I just post my art mostly as my social life is small.

1 Like

Yeah, I do not have social life on facebook.
Lately I had more social life here on this platform.

Where is your social life? I guess the question in for everybody not only for @Zoe

1 Like

Fun but can be stressful and good to detox or adjust friends every so often and block people imo

1 Like

I don’t really have any irl friends atm.

Though there’s one person I do talk to more and we might meet irl more in the future.

I’m too sensitive for many friends these days. It seems.

What about you, @Davincii

1 Like

I recently stopped using Facebook and I feel better about myself already. I was getting too envious of all my friends that seem to have such better lives, maybe not as true as it seems but I know I don’t have near as much as I wanted. Plus there was so much drama and negativity on there, I stayed out of it but it was stressful to even see lately.

2 Likes

Some people like to fake trips on Facebook for attention, my aunt is one these people she rented a mansion to take family pictures to make everyone on Facebook think she rich and it worked.

Edit: My aunt on Medicaid and uses food stamps, to make clear I’m not against these programs.

2 Likes

Yeah, same here.
Last week I talked to two friends that live in other country via facebook and was all good.

I feel desesitised from people and that makes me hard to connect with them

Two weeks ago I met a couple, the girl is diagnosed with sz as well. We played freezebee for few minutes as the boyfriend was drinking a beer. We both got tired after 5 minutes.

My cousin whom I was walking down the forest left the country as well.
Not much socializing here.

2 Likes

Yeah Gorkey… we are not getting as much as we would like. That makes me sad. I guess is a bit of envy also, but it is more sadness and depression.

1 Like

Yes I compare myself to some very lucky people who have riches, good health etc but if I compare myself to these people I will feel depressed. But in reality anything could happen and people are only trying to make the most of life while they still can because anything can happen to anyone

1 Like

I feel good and have everything I need, to that I look really good, so I am not joining facebook.

The contrast will be too big.

1 Like

I used to think going on social media would be fun, but I have found myself an awesome job and I doubt I would have that job if I had been open about the disorder on any social media. So I tend to just limit my socializing to here.

My mom keeps telling me I need to get on Instagram but I tell her I don’t want to take any photos. I guess it’s not completely about that? I don’t know I’m old.

1 Like

Im with you all those people can kiss my ass!

2 Likes

Facebook should be called Fakebook. It’s not real and I haven’t been on it in a while.

2 Likes

This is third time i was deleted my facebook account. I posted a lot of delusional thoughts on it. And I became friends of 5000 people on it, each time. So I deleted my account and waiting for one month. After one month I will again join Facebook. May be. But this time I will take limited friends.

1 Like

I only deal with close family on Facebook

I really enjoy the clubs that they have to offer

I keep things very private on Facebook

4 Likes