What do you want your legacy to be (in one song)

I used to want to be Jesus, now I just want to be that man that did it for hip-hop…

I don’t do it for the cars and the fancy drops
I do it for hip hop
I do it for hip hop
I do it for hip hop

And I don’t do it for the chains and the flashin’ rocks
I do it for hip hop
I do it for hip hop
I do it for hip hop

I’m told all the time I’m Jesus…never wanted to be though.

See I like this because the hip hop I grew up listening to and seeing on tv wasn’t about the money and the glorification of pimps, sumbags and gangsters, that turned me off. Like, I mean it’s all delusions, the professionals have said so, but I mean even the alt of my delusions didn’t give a damn about money, gave it all away, it’s what we had in common.

1 Like

Lemme think about this one…and do some listening.

1 Like

I want this song played at my funeral:

1 Like

I feel I’ve been told I was Jesus too…that’s how I originally got the idea. Then I was like “hmm that’s a good idea! I’ll be Jesus!..Jesus the rapper!”

But now I just wanna do it for life of hip-hop…because i grew up on that ■■■■

Maybe I am Jesus, but in the end they won’t say “He did it to be Jesus” but “He did it for HIP-HOP”

That’s what I want to be my legacy

It’s a split between Otis Reading’s “Sittin’ on the dock of the bay” And Sail by (me) I mean what ever the hell they are…awolnation. Guy’s name is Nate who found my tape and if I ever find him (I’m facebook friend’s with his wife or sister or something) I’m going to…I don’t know…congratulate him on being such a jerk.

Whatever you want to believe.

You need to understand, I’m jewish, my birth was a miracle, and my name starts with J…and a billion other reasons…so it’s nearly impossible for me to escape the chosen one delusion…

but I don’t wanna go down as the guy who wanted to be Jesus

but the guy who did it for hip-hop…

Lol…i know you get my point by now but yeah…

When I thought I was Christ, the whole world made sense to me. I was at ‘one’ with everything.

Going from Zen back to my old shipper/receiver job was quite the adjustment after I got out of the Hospital.

(I only have flashback memories of having had religious “experiences” and having after given a vision played out upon the calmed sea of a hurricane mid Atlantic viewed the lives of “the prophets” as if narrated by Morgan Freeman. Not the only time I remember going up against god but always walked away from his narrow point of view)

Anyway…not at all what I’d wish to be remembered by but I notice my old nemisis I met once out in western Mass is using old language again in his new album…for the first time in forever and this song is titled “are you serious?” I’d pose the same to him. To be immortalized in song? Is that it? To have lived a life worth remembering and then made to forget it? To have remembered it to be told by all but the very in key with the truth that it was all delusions?

I get the insinuation of the rehashed lyrics. Have you since found someone who inspires you to write original music? Are you serious? Perfect. Yes. No I’m not. I didn’t ask for this, it was planned for me based on past life delusions of me being some Jamaican guy if you really wished to know.

As for being told I’m Jesus, I’ve also been told I’m Muhammed, the Messiah…do I believe all that’s chattered in my head? No.

I have grandiose btw :sunglasses:

The Doors: This is the End…a somber somber funeral, until someone fulfills my death wish of having all the attendees and kids break Mexican pinatas over my grave, thereby spilling candy all over my fresh gravestone.

I wanna squeeze your thighs
I wanna kiss your eyelids
And corrupt your dreams

I wanna crash your car
I wanna scratch your cheeks
I wanna make you sick

I wanna sell you out
Want to expose your flaws
I wanna steal your things

I wanna show you off
I wanna tell you lies
I wanna write you books

I wanna turn you on
I wanna make you cum
Two-hundred times a day

Gallery piece by Of Montreal. It is better with the sound. Much credit goes to @azley here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.