What do you want to do in the future?

Experience the world and myself as being here. If not that and even with that - write.

2 Likes

@jmgoffā€¦Keep at the book. Ive currently read about 8 schizophrenic autobiographies. Theyā€™ve been worth the read. Just be honest in it, warts and all I meanā€¦a real exposure of the soulā€¦thatā€™s the advice Id give ya anyway.

By the way, the books do sell relatively well on Amazon and there are publishers out there who specifically publish mentally ill autobiographies. If you want to find out who, look up schizophrenia autobiographies on Amazon and check who the publishers are. Then just email the publishers.

@lesterwaynedoboā€¦Im sorry about the difficulties with your son. I hope you can get some money together to get over to see your son. If you could get an address you could send an email or letter and then maybe invite him over to the States to see you.

@CarolineCā€¦go for it, as I said before youā€™ve been to the university of lifeā€¦

mentally ill folk really want people who have had direct experience of schizophrenia and mental illness working in the psych hospitals.

Thanks Karl I have no way of getting the address sigh My Aunt who lives over there canā€™t find them.

there r so many things id like to do that i donā€™t know where to start. this year im going to pick something at college and just do it. even if itā€™s a short course. though i would like to do my gcseā€™s as i emigrated at 15 when i was supposed to take them. iā€™d like to learn hypnosis and study psychology. write a book, record an album to put on utube. when the colleges go back on the 6th of january iā€™ll order a prospectus and c what i can do. iā€™d definitely like to do maths because i donā€™t even know my times tables, how to subtract or long division. i think i need to start from scratch with maths rather than go for a gcse. i think i need a tutor. if i had the money i would just study i think. iā€™d also like to do a pattern cutting and dress making course. learn to knit on a machine. so many things iā€™d like to do.

1 Like

@jaynebealā€¦I think its a great idea to be focused on doing something. Im from Ireland and theres actually a ā€œdisabilitiesā€ college in Dublin where people with mental illness and physical disabilities can attend. Im sure theres colleges like this in England and the States as Ireland tends to copy what other countries do.

Anyway, the reason I tell you this is I know going to college can be a big step up and maybe some people would do better in a ā€œpsychiatricā€ college. The atmosphere is real understanding. Ask your psychiatrist about these such colleges. They are likely to be in the cities.

thanx for ur input karl. im actually ok being around people now so being in a class full of normies doesnt worry me. i just cant wait to get started on something. anything will do just to get me out of this house!

Stop hearing voices, lose weight. Possibly do some Mathematics tutoring on the side teaching either senior high school or 1st and 2nd year university students. Iā€™ve done this before and would like to reignite it.