What do you want to die of?

I’d like to die of heart failure. Just go to bed tired and not wake up like my friend did. Diagnosed cancer is so traumatic and suicide is too violent. I want a gentle death.

6 Likes

I dont care. I prefer cancer
because i want to know the
date of my death, approximately

2 Likes

I want to die in my sleep of a heart attack or a stroke. Either those or of euthanasia, like my mom. She took morphine until she died. What a way to go!

3 Likes

I thought euthanasia was illegal.

It is officially. Morphine was prescribed for her for severe pain related to her stroke. But she took enough of it to kill herself so, it was really a suicide.

In Canada we have MAID (Medical Assistance in Dying), it’s basically euthanasia. I think it works one of two ways, the doctor will administer something that kills you or you can take a pill yourself. It will most likely be available for the mentally ill in about a year and a half from now. I’m thinking that is how I will go if I start to suffer. I watched my aunt die of lung cancer and she was suffering at the end, that is not for me.

Otherwise I would like to go to sleep one night and just not wake up, go peacefully in my sleep.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/medical-assistance-dying.html

In my sleep. Peacefully.

4 Likes

I want to feel the whole thing start to end. I’m raw dogging it.:joy:

1 Like

Caffeine overdose.

2 Likes

At first I read, “What do you want to die off?” I was thinking, “The skinny jeans trend.”

As for what I want to die of? Not sure but I want to painlessly die in my sleep I’m 100.

1 Like

I want to die of old age surrounded by my family.

2 Likes

I want to die right after my encore at a sold out show. I want it to be quick and painless, but I know that I’m about to die, so I never come off my performance high. And I go out doing my very favorite thing in the world.

1 Like

Quietly in bed. And i hope im not found for a month - so i stink out the neighbours.

The council can bury me - im not forking out for some poxy cremation. Ill be dead - so i dont care.

2 Likes

On the cross. Failing that in a suspicious fishing accident.

1 Like

I imagine the doctor
telling me i have few months
until i die.
I would arrange things.
I would share my belongings.
I would do some good things.

1 Like

7 Likes

A divine strike of lightning.

Quick big jolt and I’m gone before I can realize.

2 Likes

I would like to die of old age. Not in pain, just old. I hope I die before my husband dies, because I think the heartache of losing my husband would be way too emotionally painful to live with.

3 Likes

I’d like to get crushed in a garbage truck.

3 Likes

Hugging hungry grizzly bears.

3 Likes