What do you think?

I think it is better to take to one day or two days off from medication instead of accumilations of drug over and over
Anyone has an opinion on that ?

2 Likes

That could just lead you to coming off meds altogether. I wouldn’t risk it.

4 Likes

Some people can go without meds for a day and take them the next day and be totally fine like what I’ve done on accident.

But taking every other day off will affect you in a bad way. And like what he said itl turn into coming off meds And having a psychotic reaction and next thing you know BoOM your in the psych ward. So I wouldn’t even bother. Meds keep me completely normal as I love it! No side affects either anymore after over a year of taking respirdal.

2 Likes

If I forget to take my meds in the morning I know it by lunch. Feel horrible.

I was working last month and forgot them one morning and had to leave work at 930 and go and take them. Didn’t even make it to lunch.

3 Likes

It usually takes several weeks for me to feel anything after quitting an AP; however, it takes just days for me to feel shitty quitting litium (and I never tried with Lexapro).

I wouldn’t recommend skipping, though.

2 Likes

With developed technology and medical knowledge, the way to take medications might change in the future so maybe that could be possible one day.

1 Like

I find being consistsnt with your dosing is more helpful @saynow

1 Like

I can’t really say because I’m on an injection. But I like the constant stream better then breaking it up. But then again it takes me months to go into psychosis. So it all depends how you feel. My symptoms I get are more crappy body feelings instead of positive symptoms if my injection is wearing off.

1 Like

Antipsychotic I can miss without too much drama. Antidepressant I’m toast! It makes a huge difference and it’s not anything good.

It’s not a good idea though. Medications like we take are based on regular occupancy of certain neurotransmitters. Coming off isn’t a good idea and stopping doses like that isn’t anything good! I’d imagine it would interupt your treatment!

2 Likes

Being a scientist I have often experimented with taking days off or trying to taper off meds myself.

It never goes well. I’m done with hospitals and I’m never going back ever. So just take those damn pills, I say to myself.

3 Likes

hi, if you think that your body gets too much medication then i’d say it depends on the dose, i would not recommend stopping meds even for a day,

maybe @SzAdmin could tell us a bit about how medication gets absorbed into the body and the brain, from what i know i think it may need to go through the liver but i’m not sure :slight_smile:

1 Like