What do you think of having kids in forties?

Not having kids has its advantages, more free time and more money. Having kids also has advantages like feeling of accomplishment etc I dont feel alone as I have friends and family that I see everyday.

I absolutely wouldn’t wait until 40. It took me ten years to have a live birth and it’s been a huge struggle with energy and combating negative symptoms. And I’m only in my mid 30’s.

How much family support do you have?

A lot but I’m single.

How are your negative symptoms? I think if they are severe its harder to be in a relationship but I think its easier if you’re a woman.

That’s going to be really really hard. What will you do if you struggle with postpartum psychosis/depression/anxiety? Will someone be able to live with you until you’re in a better headspace? Will you have someone to give you breaks and let you sleep? Are you a hard sleeper?

My mum’s very hands on with other gran kids. Think I can relay on her.

1 Like

Yeah I’m quite a hard sleeper.

Part of reason want to freeze eggs is to find partner.

Don’t have negatives any more.

1 Like

Well thats very good then, maybe you can hangout with friends and find a bf.

1 Like

That’d be good.

1 Like

Yeah, you should probably freeze your eggs sooner than later. Getting pregnant for the first time in your late 30’s early 40’s can already be extremely difficult. Depending on how you respond to egg retrieval you may only get a few eggs and there’s no guarantee any of those will be viable.

True there’s no guarantees.

That’s a concern of mine, I don’t want to have a kid that ends up being like me when I was as a kid.

1 Like

Love another one at 46. Missed out way too much on my now 18 year old Daughter.

I wont have anymore tho. I reckon Social Services would be sniffing about - and i cant honestly say im 100% stable all the time to do what i consider a proper job of it.

Not saying Sz’s are not great parents. But personally i couldnt risk it.

Edit - Sorry, yeah you were focusing on the age, not the MH.

I was 23 when I had my daughter. I had a lot more energy back then. My daughter was sick all the time and cried incessantly in pain. I no longer have the kind of energy I used to have and I couldn’t handle it now.

My advice is to take inventory on your energy levels ( lots of sleepless nights), and your current money situation. You’re the only person who knows if you can handle it or not

Feel very sad I’m single don’t have children and have this illness.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.