Schizophrenia.com

What do you think of cultural praise of servants and service to others?

is it noble? or is it exploitation? why is it supposed to be good? i don’t know if i should be of more service to others or if this makes me a loser, i mean i can do it a little, but i can’t dedicate my life to being a servant i don’t think.

Incentive is motivation. Maybe if you were an orpharyngist octagoncologist doctor who made a million dollars a year. Another cause of decision making is what you’re willing to trade, tit for tat. Are you willing to trade a low stress, secure life with all its amenities and infinite sleep for insecurity and a large wage. I think we all wrestle with these questions. The incentive and what we’re willing to trade, the opportunity cost.

1 Like

I think low ranking jobs hold no status and praise from the material world which praises the collection of things. I think lower ranking jobs have a moral incentive that can be appealing to some but no material incentive. Lower ranking jobs require less motivation and prerequisite training all while having little incentive to do the job. This can breed cynicism over time or discontent from no praise which would begin the decision making model once again for a more appealing job; one with status. It’s cyclical.

1 Like

Society is made up of a scarcity of resources with only so many businesses consisting of producers, workers, and buyers. This limits the job market with employees in surplus thus lowering wages because the worker works under duress that they’re replaceable. I think big business prides servants and being good as part of a sales campaign to attract customers and to compete against similar businesses, but I don’t think they believe it; it’s just to sell a product. This idealism trickles into every facet of life; good people doing good things in a service based economy. If we didn’t have a service based economy then no one would praise lower ranking jobs that companies employ and thus the servant.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.