What do you think is worse than schizophrenia?

I wish I knew how to improve my life. I tried everything but I seem to stuck in the self-hatred endless loop. And my therapist/psychiatrist keep telling me “be positive next time”. It’s just been a dead-end road for me.

I have a therapist. I’ve learned not to complain because she always asks me what I’m DOING about it. She’s right, by the way.

Everybody to their own!

Sometimes you need someone else to pull you out of the hole if it’s too deep

If you read positive material or just things that dwell on the truth that can help. Kinda like reprogramming your mind from bad thoughts

Exercise can also help because we are physical beings

Medievel torture, maybe. I’m having a bad day.

1 Like

Oh I got one: that feeling you get when you bend over to touch your toes and your knees feel all weird. way worse :laughing:

2 Likes

Quadriplegic, Alzheimer, Dementia, Parkinson, HIV, etc

2 Likes

When you smash your pinky toe running full speed through the living room :triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph:

3 Likes

You’re right, I seem to be stuck in a hole. The problem is, the person who is rescuing me out of the hole gets frustrated when I can’t get out by myself (aka "you’re not even getting better!)

I wish my pdoc or my therapist offer me constructive advice on how to manage my trauma. So far they’ve been just telling me to be positive. And I try to ask for a way on how I can develop a coping skill but I haven’t really had concrete answers on it. So I’m usually working on improving my self-esteem on my own.

I just realized, I am making a lot of you fed up. I’m sorry if you feel offended or annoyed by what I post.

1 Like

Complaining can be the first step. Another argument is that by complaining you’re making your voice heard which in turn can generate a different kind of action and an alternative path to self-improvement, whether through political activism, or mutual support. Finally, complaining is sometimes all that people have got, don’t grudge them that on account of a high and mighty morality based on a rugged, deeply individualistic idea of self reliance.

1 Like

I have met some quadraplegic people living the best lives!

You gotta ask them first. Yes, being disabled can be sad but they might be even proud of their condition(s) because of their identity in the disability community.

1 Like

When your wife binges watches horrible series on Netflix and you’re stuck watching them with her.

:face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Energy is a limited resource and wasting it is a crime.

There are many. For example blindness. Without seeing anything. Schizo is much better than it.

1 Like

Thanks! I tend to listen to music and I was thinking of listening to some harp music earlier today. Was trying to find Reverie by Grandjay because people were talking about how they passed ABRSM grade 2. It’s a fairly easy piece to play but imagine having professors watching you while you try to play something!

I was really debating on seeing a therapist again but honestly none of those that I’ve seen helped me. They just sit there and say “I’m sorry” for the most part. So I gotta figure out how to cope and work on this by myself.

1 Like

There’s a point to where complaining gets ridiculous. Saying the same thing over and over without taking steps to correct something is just lazy. There’s always a step to take to fix a situation. Be it physically working toward a goal, talking a new med, getting therapy, or working on mental wellness.

1 Like