what do you think about silence ?

i like being in silence or listening to meditation music. i go deep inside myself and explore things i didnt new about myself. how do you develop yourself ? do you have attitude of gratitude ? any awereness skills ?

just wanted to post something, not sure if its interesting to you…

i am very good and i have schizophrenia
:slight_smile:

12 Likes

Silence is good sometimes. Other times I like the distraction of noise to keep me from overthinking.

4 Likes

Same here I like having something on.

2 Likes

I miss silence. Med side effects left me with permanent tinnitus that has been driving me crazy. I listen to music constantly now to distract myself from it.

Welcome to the community!

:blush:

2 Likes

i used to like silence. still do.

i normally these days have radio on though.

1 Like

I have periods where i want silence. It helps me to organize my thoughts. I’ll lay in bed in silence and just let me mind wander sometimes. I dont know, it just lets me think. I also need silence to fall asleep. Darkness and silence.

1 Like

Silence is golden.

Having the TV on mute is a godsend for me. I hate the adverts crapping in my head.

I like my music too, but a time and a place for it.

Enjoying silence as I get older.

3 Likes

I’d enjoy silence if the damn tinnitus didn’t keep buzzing on my ears. Welcome to the forum btw.

1 Like

I think it has been said that yoga is external stillness or silence that leads to internal motion, while Tai Chi Chuan is external motion that leads to internal calmness. Or something similar.

I think that there is a time period to keep silent in word and indeed, and a time to speak in word and deed.

Welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

1 Like

All you guys are cool. I like music. I like being with music in silence. I mean silence inside myself

2 Likes

Do you think struggle is real or it’s in your mind?

What kind of music do you listen to?

2 Likes

I listen everything, depends on a mood , more often I listen to drum and bass, I like video game music, some edm, phonk

When I meditate I listen to meditation music, dream music

2 Likes

Oh I see, I also listen to many types of stuff. There is a music thread here if you are interested.

1 Like

Ok thanks maybe I will find

1 Like

I have 24/7 noise from positive symptoms. Annoying, but I have learned how to tune the voices out. I’ve not had much luck with straight meditation as my method of coping with voices and such is to keep busy with something else. Emptying my mind just lets them expand and fill it.

Life is a struggle. Just gotta roll with the punches and see if you can get in a few of your own.

:blush:

1 Like

Yes meditation is bad when you have psychotic features, positive symptoms. The better is to do grounding exercises. Because meditations will make you more unearthy

dare i say silence is beginning to make me uncomfortable.

exept in nature with maybe some birds chirping.

used to drive 101 in silence there and back. now i feel like people can hear me if the radio is off. hell i read in silence though but i’m lost in a book.

1 Like

I prefer silence. It’s like when the tv is on and people talk over it, then someone turns up the tv so they can hear it, then the people start talking over the louder tv, and on and on it goes till it’s so loud it’s unbearable. That’s my head with noise, it just gets louder and louder, and then I snap, cover my ears and start with the weirdness.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of silence I have to admit. I have the tv on all day on music channels as background noise.

3 Likes