What do you think about ecotourism?

I like it much. I have some good memories such as swimming in a river of the rainforest in Costa Rica. I like nature and just riding my bicycle in our local forest feels quite nice. Have you done ecotourism?

3 Likes

Not like you have, but me and some of my friends used to go backpacking in the Ozark Mountains every Spring and every Fall break. It was just what I needed. It was great.

No, i needed to google ecotourism. The closest is wildcamping in nature. But i haven’t done anything to improve or conservation. I just leave the campsites without leaving a trace.

I just do tourism while trying to keep the garbage chucking to a minimum. Never occurred to me to label it as eco-tourism.

You dont have to go home, just leave the place better than how you found it. :wink:

I sat and medicated in the Himalayas, Nepal, on the roof of a remote hotel, panoramic views of the Himalayas and it was so beautiful and peaceful. And Nepal is a very cost effective country to visit. Even Kathmandu is amazing, Thamel is Kathmandu is the tourist area where you’ll find many hotels for less then $15 dollars a night. That 4 month backpacking holiday to India and Nepal in 2006 has left me wonderful memories.

Me backpacking around Nepal when I was 21.

1 Like