What do you take for lack of motivation, procrastination and depression?

What do you take for lack of motivation, procrastination and depression ?

I had this problem all my life.

I’m taking Tianeptine for Depression ( not advertising, just sharing my current status ) and it is working

but, lack of motivation and procrastination are still present at large.

I know procrastination and lack of motivation are part of depression but

before using Tianeptine I couldn’t read and couldn’t use laptop for at least few hours

and

now

I’m able to use laptop all day long and able to read few lines ( because of motivation problems ) couldn’t read everything.

Lack of motivation and procrastination are the causes why I am unable to read entire book.

What is experience on medication when it comes to procrastination and lack of motivation.

Low levels of Dopamine means Depression, lack of motivation, procrastination, memory loss etc

fluvoxamine :pill: Frankly for all three.

1 Like

Nootropics for Motivation – Biohacking Brain Chemistry for Maximum Drive

fluvoxamine and rasagiline have drug interactions but tianeptine is completely safe

fluvoxamine SSRI

rasagiline MAOI

tianeptine has contraindications with maoi but many depression forums and reddit users take both

http://www.anti-depressants.com/drugs/other/tianeptine/

How tianeptine works

Tianeptine is a modified tricyclic antidepressant. In contrast to other antidepressants, tianeptine enhances serotonin reuptake (it’s an SSRE medication), and it works mostly in the cerebral cortex and hippocampus of the brain.

The development of tianeptine is the result of exciting new brain research that focuses on the architecture of the brain in addition to neurotransmission. Tianeptine enhances “neuroplasticity,” which has to do with brain architecture. Specifically, the actions of tianeptine are:

It enhances serotonin reuptake in the cortex and hippocampus
It normalizes gene expression of certain neurochemicals
It causes the dendritic extensions of nerve cells to grow and branch
It regulates the concentrations of various chemicals in the brain
It increases the volume (size) of the hippocampus
It regulates the rate of programmed cell death in the hippocampus and temporal cortex

Interactions

Tianeptine may interact with monamine oxidase inhibiting antidepressants (MAOIs).

Precautions

Tianeptine should not be taken with MAOIs.

It should not be taken by children under the age of 15.

It should not be taken by women who are or wish to become pregnant or during lactation.

so it’s inconclusive that is why there are so many users of both

It is said tianeptine sodium acts as fast as 20 minutes after taking it and it does so

it is also said it may take couple of weeks to act

so does it mean after couple of weeks the results get better and better ?

i took an maoi before and felt good on it but had insomnia and acted a bit strange

1 Like

Some people on this site are having success with a nutritional supplement called “sarcosine”. It’s cheap, so you might give it a try. I had some success with Abilify regarding the negative symptoms of sz.

1 Like

I have always had mild loss of motivation although with certain things that I liked, I was highly motivated. Right now, my Risperidone has been lowered to 1mg and it has helped me tremendously to have more energy and motivation.I was a slug on 2 and 3+mg. I don’t know if you are taking an AP or not but they can definitely zap your energy and motivation I also felt kind of depressed on a higher AP too. I always hope that I don’t have to increase my dose.

1 Like

Talking about procrastination, I’ve been struggling with mine for the last 10 years and read countless books and self help methods. Here is what I’m having best results with. First of all, procrastination bulldozer method has worked wonders for me. I highly recommend you apply it. Secondly, whenever you have a task that takes less than 5 minutes to do, do it right away. No delays. I’m really starting to take control of my life now.

1 Like

http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=50

Put Off Procrastinating!
Overcoming Procrastination: This Infopax is designed to provide you with some information about procrastination and some suggested strategies for how you can address this problem. It is organised into modules that are designed to be worked through in sequence. Although it is not necessary that you complete one module before going on to the next, this is recommended. Each module includes information, worksheets, and suggested exercises or activities.
Modules:

Module 1: Understanding Procrastination Part I
This Module provides a definition of procrastination, and explores what you procrastinate about, how you procrastinate and common procrastination excuses you may use. PDF document: 264kb. Updated 20 February 2009.

Module 2: Understanding Procrastination Part II
This Module examines the common unhelpful rules and assumptions that underlie procrastination, and explores how the positive and negative consequences of procrastination work to keep you procrastinating. PDF document: 250kb. Updated 29 August 2008.

Module 3: Changing Procrastination
This Module introduces you to the vicious cycle of procrastination, and outlines how to change procrastination, and helps you commit to the change process. PDF document: 345kb. Updated 29 August 2008.

Module 4: Dismissing Procrastination Excuses
This Module helps you to identify procrastination excuses and learn how to challenge, test and change your excuses. The Module also teaches you how to motivate rather than criticise yourself when you procrastinate. PDF document: 242kb. Updated 29 August 2008.

Module 5: Practical Techniques To Stop Procrastination
This Module teaches you practical behavioural strategies to help you stop procrastinating, these include knowing what to do, how to do it and when to do it. PDF document: 340kb. Updated 29 August 2009.

Module 6: Adjusting Unhelpful Rules/Assumptions and Tolerating Discomfort
This Module helps you to challenge and adjust the unhelpful rules and assumptions that give rise to your procrastination. The Module also helps you to learn how to tolerate the discomfort that leads you to procrastinate. PDF document: 311kb. Updated 29 August 2009.

Module 7: Putting It Altogether, Doing It & Keeping Going
This Module brings you to the end of the ‘Put Off Procrastinating’ InfoPax. You will put together all the skills you have learned in previous modules, to help you get into a cycle of ‘doing’ rather than procrastinating. PDF document: 307kb. Updated 29 August 2009.

Rexulti is good for me.

1 Like

Check out; examine.com/supplement/sarcosine for info on sarcosine. My pdoc said it is safe to use with my mood stabilizers, antidepressants, anti-anxiety med & antipsychotics.

1 Like

I just ordered sarcosine.

That’s great way12go, Tell me how sarcosine works, have sarcosine at home and waiting to take it, don’t know why I’m procrastinating. Also am taking gummy supplements and vitamin. It’s just like gummy candy.

1 Like

Just to be safe, confirm it’s ok with your pdoc

1 Like

Wellbutrin is what I take to help with motivation.

1 Like

What do you take for lack of motivation, procrastination and depression ? AIR there are breathing that helps when you get frighten. so way not mood.

2 Likes