What do you read?

I read 3 newspapers this morning: one Dutch speaking (Het Laatste Nieuws), One French (L’Echo) and one Spanish (El Pais).

I like reading newspapers on my tablet. Do you read any newspapers or magazines?

4 Likes

I mostly re read things. It’s hard for me to read new info a lot of the time. I love the Dune series by Frank Herbert

5 Likes

I loved the new Dune movie. Haven’t read the books, but my dad has all six of them. Maybe I’ll read them one day.

3 Likes

I can’t wait to see the movie. It doesn’t come out here in US until 22nd. The books are so good

2 Likes

Philip K Dick "Valis " together with a literature class.

4 Likes

I love PKD his stuff is great

2 Likes

I love old dystopian novels from mid or early 20th century. Some of the most inventive stories from around then I think.

4 Likes

Yes it is and very philosophycal (if that is the right word) as well

2 Likes

I had to look up what dystopian means. Now I know it’s the opposite of utopian. Thanks for learning me something.

2 Likes

Non fiction and educational books mostly. I do have a large collection of art books I read often also.

2 Likes

Meh. Alex Rider. Childhood series.

2 Likes

Before I lost my brain to this illness I spent a lot of time reading dense philosophical texts. Now I can barely read more than a two sentence post on this forum.

5 Likes

I also struggle with long posts. I also used to be unable to focus enough to read, but it got better in time.

2 Likes

I read religious and spiritual texts along with related resources.

Also various music and bird books.

3 Likes

Weird, I have the same issue. I liked to dissect texts with my mind and read philosophy. Now I don’t comprehend anything.

Perhaps it’s for the better? I used to be a tad more depressed those days.

2 Likes

I guess it is for the best if you were more depressed. I tended to find the more educated I got the more i questioned everything. I guess I can adjust to a more simple life now?!

4 Likes

Currently reading my philosophy & theology coursebooks, gives me a headache.
Planning on reading Dune or the Expanse series soon, but will probably end up reading The Deed of Paksenarrion by Elizabeth Moon for the like 25th time.

1 Like

Oh I just realized that you @Jonathan2 meant which newspaper we read. I don’t read newspaper.

2 Likes

I’m just happy with the many responses.

2 Likes

Whoops :sweat_smile:
To correct my answer to the question:
I try to read my local newspaper a couple times a week, I also read the student newspaper from my university. I sometimes read online newspapers from America/Japan, been a while though. I miss reading magazines, I feel like the quality of hobby-magazines has gone down a lot in my country. It’s not been worth the money for like 6 years now

2 Likes