What do you order from a Chinese takeaway?

Happy family is one of my favorites.

Spent the morning tossing my fortune cookies. No more Chinese take out from the local grease pit.

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t it be ironic if your Chinese fortune cookie at the end of the meal said ā€œyou will soon have regretsā€ :fortune_cookie:

I actually canā€™t eat Chinese food very often because it is often too greasy and too salty and causes stomach upset.

1 Like

Moo Goo Gapain with no mushrooms and they always look at me funny because apparently that means chicken with mushrooms. I like the snow peas and the cabbage.

I also get potstickers and fried cheese wontons.

Havenā€™t had any in a while though.

Itā€™s been many months since I last partook. Mucho stress at work this week had me feeling a treat was in order. Some treat.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry this happened to you @shutterbug.
Iā€™ve gotten sick eating Chinese food before.

Itā€™s not my favorite.

Pad Thai is good :takeout_box::fortune_cookie::takeout_box:

My favorite Chinese restaurant got tossed out of their building after the big flood we had here in 2016. The guy that owned the shopping center threw all of their stuff out on the street and didnā€™t renew their lease.

It was a family owned business. The mom and dad cooked and the kids ran the register. They were nice people. It was sad. I often wonder what happened to them. They lost everything.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a horrible story. Hope they landed on their feet. :frowning:

(Note - this is why there is business interruption coverage.)

I like General Tsoā€™ls chicken or orange chicken. Always with rice and an egg roll. I adore egg rolls.

1 Like

There was a story about it in the local paper of the owner of that shopping center being a bully. He kicked everybody out. A guy I went to middle school with was part owner of the bar next door. They got kicked out too.

There was an indoor storage place there and they made it bigger but there was a Rite Aid drugstore there that hired an attorney and fought to stay there.

Recently Rite Aid got bought out by Walgreens and Walgreens closed that store. It is vacant now. It was the store where I used to get me and my wifeā€™s prescriptions.

I bought a house right around the corner from it two months ago. Sure wish the Rite Aid and the Chinese place was still there. I could walk to it.

Havenā€™t found another Chinese place nearly as good as that one anywhere near me.

I hope they all had that coverage.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.