What do you like about taking antipsychotic

I am not a fan of taking antipsychotic but I must admit it makes me sleep easier.Tbh,my sleep is still messed up as I am on low dose,5mg Olanzapine but if I didn’t take the meds I probably will fall asleep harder in the night.The sedation of it is the pro of antipsychotic

1 Like

I don’t miss paranoia and racing thoughts. I too go to sleep easily after a lifetime of horrid insomnia. That is worth the price of admission for that.

3 Likes

I don’t like any of them. They all have a down side. Stay on them, everyone, but you don’t have to love 'em. With the exception of Trilafon, they all have side effects (TD, photosensitivity, diabetes, weight gain, EPS, akathisia, and on and on) for me. I’m just hypersensitive to them I guess.

2 Likes

Without blonanserin (my ap) I go back into psychosis. When I take it, I go into remission, become productive, work, and volunteer. I hate the side effects, but I hate psychosis too. My AP has changed my life for the better.

2 Likes

It fixes it so I have zero paranoia and delusions.

2 Likes

It keeps me stable.
I don’t have delusions anymore, I hardly ever hallucinate, I almost never get suicidal, and I sleep better. My voices are also much milder.

3 Likes

It makes me feel safe

2 Likes

I like the sedation, feeling of calmness.
Thats What i like about medicines.
Not SSRIs though they are There for lifting mood.

the best thing is it stabilizes my mood and im not so impulsive.

1 Like

If I didn’t take an antipsychotic I wouldn’t even be able to cope with basic things.

But eventually I’d drift into a waking dream world where I’d for instance think I could fly and jump off a building.

So I’m just taking it to stay alive.

3 Likes

I ADORE them.
because they apparently keep me safe when I need them. (at least for now)

obviously I do not like the side effects but overall they are WORTH it! (apparently)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.