What do you know about Schizophrenia?

In the illness Schizophrenia,

the line between physical existence

and virtual existence is blurred.

• Sagar.
1 Like

It’s a Lonely Rowboat to Heaven ,

2 Likes

It’s a mental illness that exposes us to either real or imagined spiritual experiences that are generally negative. It kills you if it’s left untreated.

2 Likes

Schizophrenia is a disease that is yet to be completely understood. It is a complicated disorder with many problems associated with it. A few make complete recoveries from it and have normal lives or achieve a lot but the majority apparently (no telling how many professionals suffer from it in silence) don’t and doing limited things are actually expected of them. The latest research seems to suggest that by the time you have it the brain damage has already been done and so you have to take meds, which can temporarily relieve the symptoms forever, and a recovery is not possible for the more severely affected. Others say if you do certain things you can fully recover but a lot of that appears to be people profiting off of desperation or those that do fully recover telling their stories because they know we’ll buy the book to see how they did it although more often than not the story amounts to “my life was pure hell until I found the right drug and got that apartment and low paying job.” In my opinion there’s nothing special or interesting about it other than the fact I happen to have it and my life has not turned out as well as I wanted it too.

2 Likes

It’s pure torture until the wonderful day when your pdoc comes across the magic formula of drugs that will work against your symptoms. Then, voila!, you’re cured!

1 Like

It’s a death sentence worse than cancer. It robs you of your most precious asset, your mind.

1 Like