What do you guys think?

Might come back in 6 months looking for that cake be ware

2 Likes

And by pdoc you mean pscyatrist right? Sorry Iā€™m a little new to all this medical stuff

1 Like

I find myself talking to myself a lot in my head espically telling my self stuff like Iā€™ll be okay and such ogeneral thoughtsā€¦ Not really out loud just mostly in my head :frowning: Still sounding like drug indouced pschosis to you guys ?

You can have mood issues as well, in fact it is often a part of sz. At least thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been told by doctors.

And to OP, I have never heard of weed withdrawals causing psychosis (Iā€™m not an expert though). But weed use can definitely cause psychosis.

Says drug induced pschosis can happen from weed withdraw everywhere Iā€™ve readā€¦ Just find myself talking to myself In my head not really outloud, donā€™t have that many mood changesā€¦ Donā€™t rehearse or repeat stuff out loud when i mean talking to myself I mean like telling my self stuff in my head to reassure me that Iā€™m alright and other stuff like that

Iā€™ve smoked a lot of weed and met a lot of people who also did and a lot of people with withdrawals, never seen it or heard of it. Iā€™m sure it happens though if youā€™ve read about it many places online. Maybe it depends on the potency of the weed. I donā€™t think skunk and high-potency weed is very common here where I live. Or maybe it just isnā€™t that common. IDK. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with talking to yourself out loud or in your head.

High potency weed is really common on where I live lol could be a good thing but in my case it was probably a bad thing :neutral_face: Guess my only hope is to pray for the best, Most all my friends smoke but hey weed can affect everyone differently and Iā€™ve been going though a lot recently so the stress added Ontop of my withdraws could be harming me also. Sucks that Iā€™ll probably have to wait 6 months to figure out if it really is schiz, gonna try to see a different pscho ASAP and see if they have the same opioion. You still contuine to smoke even with schiz? Heard thatā€™s really bad for it

Stress is an important factor in psychosis, so you are probably right that they both contributed. 6 months of symptoms is a criterion for diagnosis if your doctor uses the DSM. If he/she uses ICD-10 then the criterion is that you must have had symptoms most of the time for at least 1 month. I quit smoking weed recently, it gave me anxiety. It didnā€™t make me psychotic though. My brain manages to do that on itā€™s own, with or without weed.

See a psychiatrist if you are hearing voices, esp. if you have been smoking marijuana. Go on the Internet and look up receptor sites for Cannabis. The brain has them built in. People who smoke marijuana are particularly susceptible to schizophrenia. I had my first episode after smoking a bag of marijuana, and my first hospitalization followed on the heels of smoking an envelope of marijuana.

BTW, there are other psychotic disorders too with different criteria. Martinhersey is right, you should see a psychiatrist.

This is all just honestly really getting to meā€¦ This has all happened after I quit smoking not when I was smoking, I have no one in either side of my family with schiz but Iā€™m terrified that it could be that. Saw supposly the best pschologist in my aera yesterday who said it didnā€™t look like it to him. But he could be wrong so Iā€™m going to see someone as soon as I can for a second opionion