What do you do when you need affection, love, understanding?

It is difficult to express my need of affection and love; I feel that I would like to have a girlfriend; I think that she could satisfy my need of love and affection. I have my parents but it is not the same, you know.
Sometimes, I imagine that my partner is Shania Twain, perhaps because we have almost the same age. I know that it is a stupid idea but I feel consolation.
I know that you can understand me, because you have suffered the same that me.
Can you share me your experience?
Thanks.
Tolteca.

I also long for affection, love, understanding. I don’t mind making friends with other people. Friendship would fill the void I experience. Its hard to make friends, had a few that understood me but we lost contact.

1 Like

Maybe go do group activities like:
soup kitchen
college classes
child mentoring (chances are those kids have a Mom)

Those are in order of how good of an idea they are. (Unless you have a thing for single moms. Then put that at the top).
I don’t recommend online dating though. I only tried it for a little while, but I could never think up a good way to say I have sz. I think for most people who haven’t met you it’s a deal breaker.

1 Like

Thanks my dear friends, I agree with you, it is very hard to live without affection and love.
Thanks for you support.
Tolteca

A cat or a dog would make you happy. I don’t know about a girl.

1 Like

Shania Twain is a babe. If you’re going to have delusions about a women, she’s a good choice. Anyway, I take out my affection on my cat. He’s a good companion and loves to be around me. Most mornings when I wake up he is sleeping near my head and I pet him while he purrs contentedly. It’s a good way to start the morning.

1 Like

I’m similar, I crave to be held but have no-one in mind to provide that. I hold my dog or cuddle my guinea pig and my mum or dad hugs me when he’s over but that’s it. I wrap myself tight in my duvet and warm my feet with a fan heater, it sounds stupid but it works for me haha. I’m hoping one day I’ll get to the stage where I can meet someone without putting them off either by physical appearance or the way I’m portrayed because of my illness, I just want them to see me.

1 Like

Thanks goggles, 77nick77, Dante13. My doctor told me a few years ago that one good idea is a dog however I live with my parents who don´t want a pet in home.
Thanks for you support.
Tolteca

My dog is my best friend - buddy. He is my source of affection and companionship, its unconditional, the best kind to have

1 Like

Thank you for your answer and for your willingness.
Tolteca.

Before I became extremely ill, I was getting some from these two beautiful girls who where friends with each other when I was 15. I remember rolling around in the grass making out with her, she was beautiful. I’ve been trying to get back to doing something like that again. The only one holding you back from the dream of having a girlfriend is you.

I often feel that desire for closeness. I have a family and friends who tell me they care about me a lot, but it doesn’t feel right. Like something is still missing and I feel alone. I’m the type that falls for someone incredibly easy, but then I get scared of the feelings I have and I act dumb and screw up my chances.

I get incredibly confused when it comes to liking someone. But it does distract me from my illness and makes me better overall. Last time I fell in love I swear I gained superpowers or something, lol.

1 Like

When I am sad at my house (my Mom is really, really bad at comforting anyone and my Dad just gets rude) my cat comes and finds me. It’s like she has sadness radar. She is super needy though (for a cat). When I got her I envisioned a kinda “you chill over there, I’ll chill over here. Maybe petting at noon?” But she is super inyourfaceIloveyoupickmeup. She always tries to jump in your lap while you are eating though. XD. I have pretty much broken her of this. She still tries, but she only hops up once and then lets herself be put back on the floor. I think she get up there for appearance sake. Having her is kinda like having a second boyfriend (except honeypie is a girl). Perfect pet. She needs affection, but so do I some times. She’s there for me and I’m there for her. Dogs aren’t this same. They are so servile like anything you can do will make them over the moon happy. That’s not really a mutual relationship. That is a master servant relationship. Cats are waaaaaaay better.

That’s a hard question. Some people are just lucky. I’m lucky to have contact with some former girlfriends. And some are available. Even though we’re far apart long distance relationships are better than no relationship. But if I had it my way I’d much rather hook up with a woman within 25 mile radius. And I don’t because I’m not a big mingler. All I can suggest is open up your social side coz I know SZ ppl can be in their shell.