What do you do when you feel alone?

Hi, often I feel lonely. My parents live elsewhere and my husband is very independent and I have no close friends. All in all I have no support and hear persecution frequently. What is your situation like?

Maybe you could adopt a pet? talking and participating on this forum helps also. I like to listen to music, if you have whatsapp or something, you could chat with some close people like family? Have you thought about making some new friends? Going out and taking some classes if you can afford to?

3 Likes

I spend a lot of time alone. I have a pretty good ability to keep myself entertained when I’m alone, but I do need some company. I don’t even have to interact with the people. Just having them there is enough.

1 Like

Yes, I should make new friends but I am so unwell and feel unreliable. I had a friend of 32 years plus but she seemed to ignore me and just chat to my husband so I lost the friendship. I hallucinate her regularly now in a negative way and its similar to every other or most people I know…

Maybe you could focus on becoming well for now before making new friends? Why are your meds not working? once I had a pet turtle, if you can’t adopt a cat or a dog. Turtles are cute and you can feed them lettuce with your hand.

1 Like

my turtle Chico

4 Likes

awwwww so cute :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

He’s a red eared slider. Weve had him for about 14 years

3 Likes

I was on so many drugs for seventeen years none of them effective. Now I take Latuda which works but has left me still feeling paranoia like I can hear a spiritual conversation… it’s probably force of habit having been ill so long… but it’s the best drug so far. I’m burnt out having worked fifteen years with psychosis, disguising my true self! I often feel like people are against me.

Love your turtle! :blush:

I’m sorry but you need to function like a normal person. Talk to your doc about taking more meds if you need to. My mom has been ill for 15 years now and she never had a relapse. She’s on 4 meds and functions like a normal person. I’m sure you can too if you find the right combo. Once you feel better, you will do better. Go out, make friends etc. Just what I think.

1 Like

Yes, you are right. Will consider more medication… Am beginning new course at the beginning of September so fingers crossed!

1 Like

play on my phone :video_game:

1 Like

Dammmmmm. I’ve gone through many turtles unfortunately. I don’t mess around with reptiles any more.

Good job though.

I bought a couple bad red ears for 50 cents each back in highschool. They showed up in a container with packing peanuts lol.

2 Likes

I talk to people online :smiley:

1 Like

I talk to friends on the phone or text them, make plans if people aren’t busy, get on here, watch movies and series, workout, chill with my cats and dogs, do school stuff like research something I find interesting just because

1 Like

I’m a recluse. What I do is listen to music and get into a mood that’s impossible to break.

I usually have to eliminate sexual tensions first in order to get there, though. I don’t look at my sensual pleasuring as a temptation or negative addiction, however. I’ve redefined it as an exercise, a sort of necessary “evil” type one at that.