What do you do when you can't sleep?

Most everyone in town is asleep and I feel more isolated than ever. I don’t want to do anything and I feel useless. I have major sleep disorder.

2 Likes

I just listen to music for like an hour

2 Likes

I hope you get some sleep dude

It’s morning here now.

1 Like

You can still sleep during the day if you need sleep, unless you don’t like that

1 Like

Then I’m up all night again and in hell.

1 Like

Insomnia is not good for us.
I been hanging on the forum if I can sense nothing will make me sleep or my mind wont stop - and just wait til sleep inevitably happens.

Sleep meds, 70ish % success rate.
Also music like 8 hour sleep music, asmr stuff, also just music can help me.

1 Like

I generally lay in bed, until I get to sleep.

1 Like

I release tension. It always works.

1 Like

How do you do that?
What do you do?

1 Like

Lol I meant sexual tension. It really works for me. It makes me sleepy even during the day.

@vangoghs
This would be ideal.
I cannot fall asleep like that except maybe through exhaustion from lack of sleep.

1 Like

I take some extra clozapine. Works like a charm.

LOL that would get my heart pound at 135bpm
But I wont sleep anyway unless meds and certain conditions are met.

1 Like

I have never taken Clozapine. Is this high dose or low dose for sleep? @Jonathan2

1 Like

I take a very low dose for :zzz:. From 12.5 mg up to 50 mg. Min dose as an ap for clozapine is 200 mg.

Clozapine works for sleep better than a sleep med to me.

1 Like

Do you need blood tests for such a low dose?

2 Likes

Some doctors require that but my pdoc just wants me to do one bloodwork a year.

I’ve been taking clozapine for over 5 years now, so I don’t expect any lethal side-effects to kick in so late in the game.

PS Even when I was taking 200 mg my previous pdoc didn’t require me to do the bloodwork after a while.

2 Likes

I call my best friend, or read, or do yoga, or play piano, or study Spanish, or Sz.com

2 Likes

I’ve been on clozapine almost a year. The first six months was weekly tests, now I’m doing them every two weeks, and it’ll go to once a month in March. It helps me sleep really well, but I have to use atropine drops to dry out my mouth cuz otherwise I drool and choke on the excess saliva it causes. It’s worked really well on positive symptoms, but I want to eat constantly on it.