What do you do when a nurse is verbally abusive towards you?

:frowning: idk why he said it :frowning: i feel like i should call him names now but i cant be bothered, i dont want to be as bad as him anyway but i have been thinking about calling him a few names,

i dont trust anyone from that clinic now, i think they are all in it together and that scares me, i had an appointment today but how do they expect me to turn up and pretend everything is ok bc its not, i was worried that i might have to go to a hearing or something :frowning: because idk how these things work, i have been told that the care commission should know about it but idk, i just hope i can trust them again in this new place, havent seen anyone for ages and i just missed an appointment recently :frowning:

my mum says she is proud of me but i dont feel proud i just feel crap because i didnt want this to happen, probably sound like a drama queen but who wouldnt after that. i dont want people getting into trouble but i dont want him to get away with it either, i still dont know why he said it.

I think you sound really sweet and are handling the situation as well as you can. Good job at adulting.

1 Like

I feel you, I had a ‘therapist’, not a Pdoc, a guy my Pdoc suggested I talk to, he made a comment about another patient to me, and I stopped going to him…I mean if he talks about other patients with me, is he talking bout me with other patients?

2 Likes

i just feel scared now tbh

Well if anything you will probably stop that nurse from getting their next raise.

totally hear you there, this is one of the things that came up when talking to my friend and my mum and sister about it as well,

one of the nurses said he isnt normally like that as well but i didnt believe her and just thought that they all have sympathy for him in there so i couldnt go back to that clinic even if i tried.

1 Like

is it worth it, idk if it is worth it

I would ask your mom that question.

cant talk to the helpline bc i think they are all connected

i had a really rough night but thanks to a free helpline called the samaritans i was able to calm down and get over a really bad spell, i couldn’t talk and was almost catatonic but the guy listened to me for about 30 mins even though i hardly said anything, he was just saying he was there for me and that i don’t need to speak and i can take my time and things, sometimes the silences are needed, after that i hung up and made a cup of tea then phoned them again because i felt i could talk more about it and i explained what had happened and the woman was amazing and she really knew what to say, so i have that help line on my phone now for emergencies like last night.

2 Likes

well another development has happened and idk what to do about it,

apparently my gp thinks i may be refused to go to another clinic so i was thinking about maybe taking this to the papers because i’ll have nothing to lose, the only people i have to support me now are my friend, mum, sis and the samaritans but i will be anonymous if that happens.

1 Like