What do you do for a living?

I am a small town librarian. I was a freelance writer, retired after12 years, still (very)slowly working on my second novel.

My boss is grooming me to take over as director eventually.

1 Like

i used to work for a while. i used to study… i’ve just spent 16 years being married and volunteering every now and then and trying to write for theatre etc… and lots and lots of just being on disability doing my best day to day.
you’ll never get it all together…
im still dreaming big but plan to enjoy the journey and have the things that happen instead
im starting holistic chef training

1 Like

Isn’t that the truth? I spent the day at work trying not to snarl at stupid customers.

2 Likes

Raising a child is a full time job all in itself. Are you married or have a significant other?

1 Like

I’m on disability. I have tried working post-sz in the past but it never worked out. I’m taking a break for the summer and after that I’ll think about volunteering again.

Plasterer by trade

Worked in construction since I was 14 on and off

Learnt a lot

1 Like

Right now? Receiving SSDI.

But I’ve previously had a long and illustrious career within the retail sector :sweat_smile:.

Shame, as I do have a bachelor’s degree from a semi-decent university— but I think a lot of factors got the better of me from advancing with said degree:

Getting ill, graduating during a recession, and being awful at networking (probably related to being ill, as well as being not so much into the “you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours” mentality).

2 Likes

:neutral_face::expressionless::neutral_face:

Mechanic / pooch screwer

2 Likes

I am on social benefits… cannot work. I wish I could, but I can’t. Missing out on a lot of money, but it is what it is. :sleepy:

1 Like

Stay at home wife and mom. Although no one considers that an actual job, which seems so wrong. Sometimes deliver groceries on the side and publish materials for schools for extra money. I’m more of a nuisance than anything else.

1 Like
1 Like

Woot woot! My gf does customer service…she says it’s hard lol here’s a million in cash, go quit :stuck_out_tongue:
:dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar::dollar:

3 Likes

Yes I went through quite alot of trauma with regards to mention of the holocaust so my writing is in respect of those histories for example. All the best. To you. Thanks for your supportive comment Poet X

1 Like

I tried to reach your page but couldn’t. :frowning: I really want to see your art? :smiley:

1 Like

I would love to see ur artwork is it on ur Instagram page? :slight_smile:

Btw ppl post art here too in the creativity section if u ever want to I’m sure ppl would be intrigued

1 Like

Sounds lovely. I’m curious.

I think it is safer to share this in pm as this is a public site where you are sharing your identity and anyone can see. Just a suggestion.

3 Likes

Really nice photos… You’re beautiful, and amazing body. Love your art work too. It’s nice colours. :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::ok_hand:

@Nimbus

Am I allowed to say am jealous of ur legs

Yeah, sorry Nimbus. Had to delete. No sharing of social media sites allowed. It’s also strongly discouraged that you share your real name.

Edit: I just double checked and it is not just discouraged, but against the rules to share your real name.

3 Likes