Schizophrenia.com

What do you do for a living?

Does anyone here work? I work as an administrator in the NHS (National Health Service). I’ve always worked in the public sector mainly the NHS. I work through an agency though so it’s a contract. The pay is good, about £10.43 an hour, so I’ve decided to stick it out until they chuck me out. It’s an extremely easy going job, stress free too so I do not mind it but boy is it mind numbingly boring and repetitive lol

0 Likes

I work Ina factory running a machine. My husband works with me and helps me out. They just cut out our health insurance so now I can’ go to the doctor or get my meds. I hope I don’t relapse. Hopefully the ect I had last month will last.

1 Like

I don’t work. Not at the moment. Xxx

1 Like

If your asking what do I trade my time for money, then my answer is: Disabled.

1 Like

I do odd jobs to help out my poor iNcome sheet rocking snow removel car work etc I usto work on bus"s body worker

1 Like

I’m on SSI, plus I go to school.

1 Like

I’m a gardener for the parks department. I go from place to place and do parks maintenance as well as take care of the plants, prune trees, plant trees, work at the City Rose garden or the Cherry Blossom patch. It’s a new onsite location almost everyday.

3 Likes

I was into welding and construction until my back finally gave out. I worked myself too hard on top of having a pre-existing disc problem. I’m on SSDI now. My first job was stocking shelves at a supermarket and that was the only job I was really capable of doing, the rest of it was a disaster. I have a feeling that if I were on an antidepressant I would be functioning well enough to do a simple job like that again, but then I’d have mania to deal with. I’d like to get functioning well enough to get a part time job across the street at walmart.

1 Like

Im on a full scholarship to college. I don’t have a stipend so technically no i am not employed

1 Like

i work for MI6 . men in black , secret squirrel stuff !
take care

3 Likes

I do sometimes worry what will happen if I get ill because I am not entitled to claim benefits over here…

0 Likes

Logically, you safe up part of the good income and make sure they are in safe hands, right?

0 Likes