Schizophrenia.com

What do you do as a forty something year old at home?

I am a mother of a toddler and I live at home in my own place. I am at home alot because I haven’t the energy to hold down the commitment necessary for employment. Right now, I am feeling really lazy due to my medication but I used to enjoy walking locally and afar and sometimes I try to be creative at home by making facial lotions or healthy meals. How old are you and what do you enjoy doing?

1 Like

I’m 52. I don’t enjoy much. My 17 year old daughter lives with me every other week so it’s nice to hang out with her. My other kids are adults and live on their own.
When I’m by myself I watch Netflix or hockey. Or I listen to audiobooks. Or I have a few games on my phone. I have some mobility issues that make walking tough but I’m hoping maybe this spring I can start doing short walks. I keep thinking I would like to find a different pastime but I’m not really motivated to try. I should clean my apartment more often.

3 Likes

I like learning languages and linguistics

3 Likes

i’m 40 (no kids) and i like watching movies with my dad and i go for a walk like every week and i also like listening to music.

i live at home with my parents.

3 Likes

Im 46 - and at the very most im only out the door for an hour whilst i do shopping or get meds, i can happily not see a soul for days.

Im constantly on the phone tho too mates and my mother tho - so i dont get too lonely all the time and i spend time watching alot of tv.

I am waiting for the seafront cafes to open tho soon in a couple of months, so i can sit by the beach with a fry up and a coffee in the morning lol.

4 Likes

Gardening. Looking at the nursery for colorful and hearty flowers. Primroses and pansies are a good idea. Also looking for vegetable seeds and buying a planter for them.

1 Like

Also in the morning I enjoy making a pot of coffee.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.