What do you dislike most about mental illness?

what is the worst symptom you struggle with and what do you dislike most?

Sometimes I feel like I am handicapped not physically but it feels like it when I do not want to do much and can not enjoy life. It is only a switch in my head which would turn things around.

4 Likes

I especially hate avolition & paranoia. Paranoia leads me to other symptoms (anxiety, depression, dissociation, psychosis, etc.)
The avolition won’t let me work or do anything, and it’s especially frustrating. Also my sensory issues, because they give me terrible anxiety and rage.

3 Likes

My symptoms are all somatic and they could be very severe and put me in a dangerous situation. Actually I’m in a breakdown and I’m almost unable to walk because of the dizziness, tachycardia and palpitations I have when I stand up.

I wish I had mental symptoms rather than physical symptoms because it seems to me that there is nothing worse than to be physically sick! :slightly_frowning_face:

Right now, with as good as I’m doing, probably the stigma. The worst symptoms I struggle with are poor hygiene and poor motivation. My mood is good.

2 Likes

You need to see a medical doctor!

2 Likes

The paranoia is by far the most debilitating of my symptoms.

1 Like

Mine is avolition and anhedonia …

3 Likes

I have already been in that situation, with these symptoms, and the doctors don’t want to help me because they say this is a mental illness.

I actually have tried to find help this weekend but I ended up with nothing. I have only been told to wait for my psychiatrist appointment which is this Friday.

I’m quite angry and unhappy about this situation, because I’m in an urgent situation and I can’t find help quickly enough.

I can’t stand the voice I hear commenting on everything I do.

It gets old.

Mostly that and lack of insight.

3 Likes

I have paranoia, anxiety, depression, poor motivation and sometimes poor hygiene. I also have a very bad memory and my in laws said i can’t use that as an excuse anymore. They said i need to try harder

2 Likes

Lack of a real social life and motivation hinderance and lack of energy is the worst for me

3 Likes

The uncertainty.

I hate that.

2 Likes

I hate them all !!! :rage:

Well any particular one that hurts people. I hate those ones. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

What about the confusion? I dont really know how to approach life. it’s kinda panning out to where i may see. Real barriers tho.

2 Likes

I’d Have to say constant fear and foggy brain.

1 Like

That sounds like my Dad. He would say that when I was little.

Resistance to change- any change, even good change.
Silly things like not calling on the phone- that grts to be a problem when there is a crisis.

1 Like

Paranoia. When I get stressed I get paranoid but the real thing I hate about mental illness is not being able to compete with the so called normals. I’m 47, Divorced on a disability pension…I’m envious of my friends who just have jobs and families and stuff.

2 Likes

I hate the fact that the voices are clearly smarter than me, and they can read mind. Yet when I suggest they are clearly not just “in my head” people don’t even consider it.

Although I guess I don’t blame them. Voices who are psychic and only target a limited population is an unsolvable problem, and unrelateable.

1 Like

Mine too. I also hate being out of control.

1 Like