What do u think the voices could be?

I wonder the technicalities involved often.

But no doubt someone or something is in communication with my brain. It/they know things that i could never have known.

And it has something to do with grey aliens, ufos, pan the goat man faerie god, a witch, shadow people, light beings, large serpents made of light, faces made of light shocking and burning me, some ghost whatever that is.

The technicalities though, the logistics i do not know. All that me knows is someone or something is talking to me.

This flip-flopping from one extreme to another is the hallmark of cognitive organization in most psychosis pts I have observed since 1987. The “moderate” or “centrist” position – let alone one taken in response to dispassionate, empirical observation – is rarely seen or heard in the sz, sza, szt, paranoid or bipolar patient. And few of them are ever willing to address the matter with cognitive behavioral therapies like those listed below because of a powerful reward-and-reinforcement scheme that locks that extreme, either-or thinking into place with emotional feedback.

REBT – Rational emotive behavior therapy - Wikipedia
Schematherapy – Schema therapy - Wikipedia
Learned Optimism – Learned optimism - Wikipedia
Standard CBT – http://www.beckinstitute.org/what-is-cognitive-behavioral-therapy/About-CBT/252/

i experience the exact same thing. i hear “noises” in my head. i think that they are thoughts that just won’t quit, they go around and around like they are on a gerbal wheel. endless thoughts. negative thoughts. my MD suggested that i use an iPod and listen to music to change my focus, but it doesn’t work. on the very rare occasion the thoughts calm me down, as if they are friends in my head. i don’t believe that this has much to do w/ any subconscious thinking. its just regular negative ruminations that persist until i sleep at night.

and, for the record, i ALWAYS have bad dreams. for once in my life i would love to go to sleep and have a nice dream and a good nights sleep. my meds knock me out at around 9pm but i am still conscious enough to be afraid of going to sleep for this very reason.

Special ?? What backwards country are you at? Seriously… where you at? Im American and we love bombing people just because we can.

I think they are coming from other dimensions, most are mean to me

1 Like

The following popular psychotherapies come from “critical thinking” and the correction of “logical fallacies.” The core position is that thoughts can and should be observed, questioned and revised according to new evidence.

REBT – Rational emotive behavior therapy - Wikipedia
Schematherapy – Schema therapy - Wikipedia
Learned Optimism – Learned optimism - Wikipedia
Standard CBT – http://www.beckinstitute.org/what-is-cognitive-behavioral-therapy/About-CBT/252/

This second group of widely used psychotherapies come from the core position that thoughts are merely collections of words reflecting unconscious beliefs that are not grounded in what is… but, rather, what is not… and that one merely needs to observe them as “just thoughts” to see that they have no power other than what our minds give them. (“It is enough to just not misunderstand; understanding will take care of itself.”)

DBT – http://behavioraltech.org/resources/whatisdbt.cfm
MBSR – Welcome to the Mindful Living Blog
ACT – ACT | Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
MBBT – An Introduction to Mind-Body Bridging & the I-System – New Harbinger Publications, Inc
10 StEP – Pair A Docks: The 10 StEPs of Emotion Processing

My sense (after 28 years of working with psychiatric patients) is that both styles of therapy may be needed for sz pts who hear voices.

i think the voices me and all sz here is this is just my opinion. is just our thoughts. programmed into voices. just think about it. when we here something the voices comment on what we are doing or what we are seeing. so my opinion is the voices that me and you here are just our thoughts we are just hearing them in a voice. you know what i mean

Precisely what every cognitivist expert on neurosis, borderlinism and sz has said since about 1950. I use my understanding of that daily to make sure that The Voices don’t take command of The Ship.

yea i here you. and i did not mean every single SZ i just meant the majority. and about trying to find someone. this is i did it and it might work for you. get to know somebody a lil bit and when you think it might go somewhere than that that person i have SZ and if that person accepts it. than u will know that might be the right person. and if not it is time to move on you know what i mean. and good luck