What do u do when u feel restless

I feel no peace. What can help?

I usually do something like this: exausting activities ( house work for example, or something else) then a hot bath, at least 20 min., then breath exercises. After that you can eat some food which is proven to help with sleep, bananas, hot milk etc.
Of course you have to talk with your doc if situation goes out of control.

2 Likes

I go for a jog sometimes, or I do aerobics. Work has helped before.
Those are physical solutions.
Spiritual and emotional solutions are find something uplifting in the Bible to read and pray, or talk to a positive person who will lift me up.

Smoke my ecig, or take some L-theanine. Restlessness can just be a side effect of meds. I suffer from it constantly if I dont take l-theanine.

It took a lonnnnnnng (and painful) time to observe to notice to recognize to acknowledge to accept to own that if I stepped up out of the Box of (conditioned, socialized, habituated and normalized) Beliefs stuck between my ears by the combined forces of the Krazy Kult-ure, I would reliably find relief.

The process of getting from there to β€œhere” took a while, but I kept working at it with the therapies listed below. Now I use the 10 StEPs to just yank myself up out of the Box as soon as I notice my head is buying into depressing Beliefs again. BUT… I don’t think I would be able to use the 10 StEPs that way without having done the other therapies.

REBT – Rational emotive behavior therapy - Wikipedia
Schematherapy – Schema therapy - Wikipedia
Learned Optimism – Learned optimism - Wikipedia
Standard CBT – http://www.beckinstitute.org/what-is-cognitive-behavioral-therapy/About-CBT/252/
DBT – http://behavioraltech.org/resources/whatisdbt.cfm
MBSR – Welcome to the Mindful Living Blog
ACT – ACT | Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
10 StEP – Pair A Docks: The 10 StEPs of Emotion Processing
MBBT – An Introduction to Mind-Body Bridging & the I-System – New Harbinger Publications, Inc
SEPT – Somatic experiencing - Wikipedia
SMPT – Sensorimotor psychotherapy - Wikipedia

I concentrate on my breath until things calm down. Sometimes this works. Sometimes it doesn’t.

I will start walking around the House, not really pacing.

exercise

Walk back n forth

meditating helps a lot.