What do they ask you during SSi reviews?

I don’t know when I will be up for a review, but I am assuming that if you receive SSi for a mental disability that you at the very least have to be experiencing some time of doctor-patient treatment.

I want to have just a therapist. Will that alone insure I keep my SSi benefit? The meds I am on are causing me lots of anxiety lately and I apologize ahead of time for appearing manic or paranoid about this.

I’m just fearful that I will lose my SSi, even though I will be regularly seeing a pyschiatrist but still claim I am unemployable. I hallucinate constantly, visually (not audially) and cannot possibly concentrate on a job.

1 Like

i see a psychiatrist regularly, and therapist too. My psychiatrist wrote down on my student loan discharge papers that i am severally disabled and my paranoia keep me from working. My brother on the other hand has mental illnesses too but sees no doctor. His ssi was under review just like mine was at the same time. He kept his ssi after he stopped taking meds. I don’t know what was involved in the decision making process for us both to keep our ssi.

I remember some of the questions had to do with what i was capable of, and what i thought i was capable of. My doctors also filled out paper work. so did the lady who was in charge of the case managers

Do they have over-the-phone interviews for SSi renewals, or do you have to have an in-person appointment?

They asked me a bunch of questions over the phone and sent out these packets that they sent out to me and my partner. they may make you go see one of their therapist for a review.

Hm. If I ever stop hallucinating people + get my energy levels restored to working form, I could get back to work & become independent again. If I continue hallucinating people & sounds, though, I refuse to work. It’d be too dangerous.

You get a note from your doctor saying you are disabled and can’t work because of your disability. I’m sure the doctor does this often and knows what to write.

I’ve never heard of someone refusing to work because of hallucinations. I’ve heard of people who can’t work because of hallucinations.

the reviews are usually just mailed to you. If you have a psychiatrist signing you are not competent that’s all it takes…if you try to work then that brings usually a review with it later…if you don’t work I wouldn’t worry about it…

1 Like

Hey hey- I have severe mood swings I hope you know that…

Just in case I might know you I thought I’d post this amazing song here. You know I actually have mild heart problems… I think I have a glimpse of what severe heart problems might be like----- it’s SOOOOOOOOO bad. With heart problems one can’t even bend over it totally sucks!!! Try and take it easy possibly old friend? … God knows it’s not easy… I might be leaving this site soon though just because some people on here are like way too severe even for me ha, and I don’t mean you. I’m sure you know what I mean… Anyway check this cool shit out. =) 8)

I don’t even listen to Colt Ford anymore really honestly— idk how I got sucked into that… =) but trust me that’s irrelevant entirely to this song here: =)

<3

:smiling_imp:

P.S. you know what really f-s my head up? Big $ ditched me when I was trying to kill myself right next door. I actually still hear his voice in my head and his mom’s voice in my head. And you don’t wanna know what his fiance tried to do to me man… So I guess shit hit the fan for everyone after I left… I don’t even talk to the guy at all anymore… and I can’t even go there now adays’… =)

Just tell them about your best friend…you will get ssi for sure.

1 Like

You know I don’t know what is better or worse… to suck one’s thumb when psychotic or to just take a small bump of meth…

like are you kidding me?

Don’t worry though they don’t ask that on SSI reviews.

And the Pope slipped up one night in Vatican and said that everyone’s going to heaven.

Yeah i tried to take this down but I can’t since I posted it an hour ago. I hate the internet. Now adays anyway. God just don’t hurt me.

You know the internet wasn’t like this before in the days of DOS and Age of Empires.

And you know if you wanna give me some payback??? then don’t forget the $$$$$ next time ok?

There is a “malingering” profile the assessors use to determine if the SS D I (not SSI, which is not the issue here) client is worth further investigation. If the client’s answers “trip the switches” on that profile, further interviewing is mandated, and the client may be required to see a psychiatrist or psychologist for further assessment.

Otherwise, if one qualifies for SS, is still disabled, and has not been convicted of a felony-level crime, one is pretty much assured of continued SSDI support.

1 Like

Are you doing okay? You seem unwell. Is there anything we can help you with?

1 Like

Thanks, you know I just can’t get past the fact that these people keep stalking me on the internet and in real life too… this has been going on for YEARS. ya know? like when is enough enough?

Whatever it’s just time to call the cops.

That sounds stressful and frightening. I’m sorry you’re experiencing it. It’s something I’ve feared in the past, too, and it was hard to convince myself that I was really safe.

What are they doing when they stalk you? Are they messaging you or threatening you? How are you certain it’s the same people?

1 Like

I didn’t really mean this post here but now I can’t take it down. Just forget about it. And leave me alone.

It’s bassically just harassment but I’m not sure if they were trying to make me kill myself or just put my in the hospital for years… or maybe both. and they all just gang up on me too… like I havn’t been through enough.

Freakin’ richboy failures is all it is though now that I come to my senses. And I’m just a big target because I used to be their friend.

God I wish I never knew them. Biggest mistake of my life. ya know?

And they know my dad’s ill and everything too and my mother and everything they just never stop man.

Like I said freakin’ richboy failures… that just believe that the whole world should be theirs for absolutely no reason.

I’m so outa this place.

If someone is harassing you here, I think you should let @SzAdmin know. If there’s something he can do to help or to make things easier on you, he will.

Have you talked to your doctor about this, too? I think the stress of it can’t be good for you. They may have some ideas about how to deal with this.

I think everyone needs a break from here now and again. I love talking to people here but there are times it just makes me miserable. If you think it will help the situation, then take a bit of time. But I hope you come back soon. :hibiscus:

1 Like