What do the lower and upper class have in common?

They both don’t work.

5 Likes

I like that. Lol.

2 Likes

They both need to poop.

4 Likes

The both get depressed and suffer.

1 Like

Sorry, I over-reacted. I realize that poor people do often have a hard time with everyday needs of life. I just reacted because of the comparison to rich people.

1 Like

These 2 social economic classes have nothing in common. They are both very different groups of people.

1 Like

Yesterday I missed this opportunity to care about the many people with sz and poverty. Many patients for whatever reason cannot find and do work. I know many have tried earnestly to find work and have been unsuccessful. So they find themselves living on a stipend from the government.
A case should be made, in compassion and justice, that people who have sz through no fault of their own should not be forced into extreme poverty.
We do not know why some people have more money. But I think we should not covet their wealth. They are paying considerable taxes.
There is a point at which poverty produces suffering.

1 Like

I thought the wealthy paid little taxes, in general.

1 Like

There are stories about the extremely wealthy people who use all sorts of tax dodges. But I also have heard that with federal, state, and local income tax, sales tax, property tax, and I don’t know what else, the upper class is paying up to 50% of their income in taxes. I looked on the internet and the upper tax bracket for federal income tax is 37%.

1 Like

The wealthy pay little in their personal income tax. However, their business(es) are required to pay corporate taxes depending on the structure of the firm whether it be public or private, a corporation, a partnership or a sole proprietorship. All businesses need to pay payroll tax for their employees which may number from 1 to hundreds of thousands.

1 Like

The ‘er’ at the end

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.