Schizophrenia.com

What diet makes you feel good?

For me it’s a gluten free vegaterian diet that makes me feel best

5 Likes

Vegan, but to make making dinner easier I eat what I’m making for the family

3 Likes

I felt best on the high carb low fat low protein McDougall diet, since carbs replenish the happiness neurotransmitters.

After my keto foray, I’m going full fruitarian.

My mood is decent atm but high carb was delightful.

Right now I just feel “okay”. Not particularly creative or inspired.

2 Likes

healthy food brings good health and well being

its a choice really

2 Likes

@pedro27. Yes but can be very hard and then there are different definitions of healthy

1 Like

I learnt a bit about food intake from ‘‘the food pyramid’’

Pyramid or plate, carbs or veggies: What really is the ideal diet?

2 Likes

@pedro27. That is very true but not all of us can eat that way and i myself think we all have things that maie us feel better that is different from each other like I can’t have gluten because it makes me feel sick and meat makes me feel bloated

1 Like

Vegetables, fruit and sandwiches, but shopping is very exhausting, so i live on tin food and instant noodles and the occasional meal in a restaurant or asian take away.

1 Like

I sort of ‘Let myself go’ and am ‘enjoying every minute of it’ .

But I feel like crap :poop:.

Really tough spot today with folks and quitting smoking. I’ve defamed my parents enough on here but today really effing sucked.

1 Like

@Happy2Help. It’s hard to be healthy in any way it’s so much easier to just let it go and eat what is easy

1 Like

I know… maybe I’ll get back into eating more sensibly once the winter and pandemic lift more…

1 Like

@Happy2Help. I’m rutting for ya!

1 Like

Thanks I feel better all around after commenting a little bit on here.

My theory on myself is physically my compulsive water drinking (polydipsia) could be expanding my stomach, making me eat more, since I’m not getting the ‘full feeling’ sooner.

Bad timing to think about right now tho since I’m doing good on my cigarettes quit.

But I guess I added something to the diet convo. Thanks, @Twialine!!

@Happy2Help. Glad to hear you’re doing good on your cigarette quitting, it’s a tough habit to kick! Proud of you and I know you’re trying your best for yourself

1 Like

my diets sucks, but i have to lose weight. why does the bad food taste good and good food taste bad. i dont understand lol.

1 Like

@oe1489. I’m not sure I love healthy food they taste amazing to me

1 Like

your lucky, it doesnt for me, i hate it. its gross. i love junkfood, fried chicken chinese food, pizza, chips, and candy and soda

The see it, eat it diet makes me feel good. Unfortunately I am finding out that with age and the APs I may have to go back to my brown rice and black beans diet.

Probably should add more fruits. I get plenty of veggies though.

4 Likes

I follow a modified Whole 30 diet.

3 Likes

Cigarettes and coffee

2 Likes