What did you want to be when you were a child?

15 charecters…………

Just what I was; a child.

1 Like

To be honest, I had no damn goals. I played with a toy firetruck for 5 minutes and for 5 minutes I wanted to be a fireman when I grew up, then I forgot about it. If I would have played with a stray dog that day for five minutes for five minutes I would have wanted to be a dog when I grew up and than I would have forgotten about it.

5 Likes

In high school I wanted to be an air traffic controller

2 Likes

A pope. A farmer. A vagabond. A fighter pilot.

1 Like

I wanted to be a carpenter so I could build my parents a house

2 Likes

A veterinarian.

3 Likes

When I was about five I recall I wanted to be a soldier.

I always thought Rambo was really cool lol.

But on a serious note I was always fascinated with the Army at a young age. I would get really excited when I saw a soldier in uniform. I sort of looked up to them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wanted to be…honestly, it was essentially a handful of different careers that I considered stepping stones to humanitarianism;

I wanted to complete both my dietician and psychology degrees and then open a health food restaurant that was “owned by a dietitian” and work with youth to be healthy, and like travel across the world to share my fortune and knowledge, with youth and families. While simultaneously healing them inside and out.

I don’t even know anymore. It was a whole thing. Kind of grandiose -which I was also told frequently.

I really just wanted to help people and be special to them.

Probably a neglected child thing.

I face paint children occasionally, and spend some quality time telling them they’re awesome. But mostly I work alone because I enjoy solitude.

2 Likes

In kindergarten i was asked and said dog ive always loved animals but the teacher convinced me that that wasnt a good life so i ended up saying fairy later i wanted to design houses,model,act,sing,dance, play netball, be a pilot,doctor or scientist/inventer these days the dream job would be a clothing designer

1 Like

Can I live in a van in his driveway? That sounds great.

1 Like

There was nothing that came to mind as a young child. In my teenage years,ironically as I was getting ill , and perhaps even more socially withdrawn, being a librarian flitted through my mind. In actuality it would have been a job made in hell for me.

The driving reason behind it ? I was an avid and eclectic book reader.

1 Like

I always wanted to be an artist, and for some time I did do it successfully. For now I just want to do something more pragmatic.

1 Like

I wanted to be a nurse because my mum was a nurse
Then I wanted to be a writer
I wasn’t suited to either of those jobs

1 Like

A veterinarian or a princess.
But the vet dream died when I realised I’d have to put animals down.
And the princess dream died because princesses were beautiful women in dresses, and I neither felt beautiful nor wore dresses.

1 Like

I just realised this is wen I was a child… In that case it’s not something I thought about I just knew I didn’t want babies

1 Like

I used to want to be a wildlife photographer when I was young. As I grew that changed to a pharmacist and then that changed to a research chemist.

I almost made it to research chemist but schizophrenia happened and my mind isn’t as sharp as it was.

1 Like

When I was a little child I wanted to be a nurse.

1 Like

In first grade I knew I wanted to be a pilot but my special education teachers informed me that my eyes suck so that dashed that dream.

1 Like

I wanted to be a full fledged princess when I grew up. Then my parents told me the awful truth. Are there any princes out there who would take a dumpy house wife?

1 Like