What did you think you had before diagnosis?

depression and severe anxiety.

was totally blown away by the sz diagnosis.

knew of someone who had it and committed suicide and this freaked me out.

judy

1 Like

Ha aap ne to mann chudiya…aap kaha ke rehene walla hein …i am from capital city kathmandu…
Aap acche insan ho…take care bade bhai…

Depression and anxiety for me too. I never sought any treatment for it, but wish I had now.

1 Like

Hi sarah i had similar situation …i never seek help from other…my self esteem was low…i cant work…
Do u work now …???

1 Like

Hi far_cry, prior to my diagnosis I was a stay-at-home mum. Before that I worked in the medical profession. I have not worked since my diagnosis and am now on a Disability Support Pension here in Australia. For those that have suffered or are suffering from depression it is so important to get help early on. I just kept telling myself I would be ok - and I wasn’t. I was like you, very low self esteem.

1 Like

Stupiditis with a touch of stubbornness.

1 Like

For years, I thought I had undiagnosed Sz.

1 Like

i had read about sz and assumed i had it. i even looked at johnny benjamins youtube channel and was watching to see how he did, whether or not he had a relapse or whatever. i watched the sz simulation video on youtube wondering if maybe this was what i had.

but i was functioning well otherwise, doing online classes at community college and challenging myself in that way.

overall i had a lot more interests than i do now, so sz was more of a passing interest, just one of many.

i would have long conversations with my brother talking about how i felt my mind slipping and discussing my delusions. i even revealed my drug use to him and cited it as a possible source for my unusual feelings and auras i was experiencing.

I would say things like, “if i never talk to you again (brother) just remember this is what i was like” and things like that. he knew i was going crazy, i knew something was off, but no one in my family thought to take action.

they diagnosed me with depression and had me on citalopram. my parents knew so little about ssris that they thought i would abuse them. i knew so little myself that i probably would have.

so every morning when my dad cam to my room, where i was camped up like an invalid, he would give me my little tablet and i would spit it out the moment he turned around and closed the door.

he knew something was wrong, knew his brother descended into madness at the same age and that his genes were bad. hell, even my mom’s genes were bad for psychosis with uncles and cousins of mine having sz.

but they were too busy with work and their lives to really do anything, i mean after all, what can you do? antipsychotics are prescribed as quickas possible after someone has been hospitalized for psychosis, not before?. even if they had started me on latuda i would have stopped taking it.

or maybe it wouldn’t have prevented me form crossing over at all, who knows.

1 Like

I thought I had a really bad anxiety disorder.

I was 19 and I took too much acid one day and had a really bad trip. I had splitting headaches for months after that and high anxiety and agoraphobia attacks. Then all the weird stuff started happening. Interestingly enough I was still going to my jobs most of the time.

I thought I was nervous and she
First started with social anxiety
Then age 16 I had weird things and didn’t know what was happening to me
I started to feel eyes on me waiting for the bus
Also at 15 remember sitting in front seat of my mums car and feeling eyes on me

1 Like

A selfish stubborn spirit. That knew nothing of others sufferings.

Hehe, are you saying me? All I know about is sufferings or what I had to learn in order to reach past them.

I hope you don’t mean me, but if you do, I will just say that if I were to be missing limbs, then people could say, “Meh, give the guy a break.” But because my brain is broken like a “transponder radio joke,” no way. They just pile it on making my problems worse than they would have ever been if I were alone in the world.

And all of the while I have been in the first half of my life knowing I have a broken brain, and I have over 50 years of life left in which I will be an older man with a softer, less energetic body…with a broken brain. So I had to change everything about me, and make myself into as powerful both physically and mentally as I could make myself. I kid you not. Pain has been my middle name, and of course being schizophrenic…tons of pain.

In a way it seems that the more I have lost the more I have gained, but be sure I have no idea what a road is without pain.

1 Like

Thought I was schizophrenic when I was 17 after looking it up…funny thing is i was just using wishfull thinking. I wanted it lol. Now that it’s here in reality, it’s definitely something I never wanted, but it’s not always bad.

Now…when I was 21 I KNEW I had schizophrenia because it was shown to me in an altered mindstate :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. 23 I was diagnosed. Self fullfilling prophecy?

1 Like

No I didn’t mean you i was answering the question.

1 Like

I didn’t think anything was wrong with me when someone disappeared in front of me, or that my family was actively trying to kill me, or my boss was part of organized crime. But when I heard voices I immediately thought it was schizophrenia.

Bipolar for me too.

Bipolar. Then the hallucinations kicked in and I had to be hospitalized for being suicidal. I found a really good psychiatrist and was diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder. It’s bipolar type, so I guess the bipolar diagnosis was kind of correct. I guess I have both.

hi,
i used to think in my younger pre diagnosed days - that…
i was an awakening mystic…
yeah…
:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.