What did you guys think of the remake of All in the Family and The Jeffersons?

I didn’t get to watch it, but I saw clips on ABC world news. Seemed like David Muir enjoyed it, when he was talking about it, his eyes were lighting up. I don’t think Woody Harolson looks anything like Archie Bunker though. I started watching All in the Family in December, and my boyfriend and I are on season 4. The days it was hard to concentrate, I just asked my boyfriend, “what does such and such mean?” He’s a movie and TV show buff though so we can be in the store and he quotes all in the family… quite entertaining. I also was able to see Archie, and Edith’s chair when I was in Washington DC :upside_down_face:

I never watched the Jeffersons, so I don’t know too much about that one

It was good, I had seen the episode of the Jeffersons that they chose to reenact, it was the one where they were arguing over Louise being friends with a maid. The All in the Family was new to me. They had the producer there, he was 96 and sharp. I thought it was great, except Jamie Fox isn’t as short as the original George Jefferson, and I think there was a short joke that didn’t quite land because of it.

1 Like

I know, Norman Lear was on Jeopardy a month or two ago. They had a Norman Lear category.

From what I seen, I think they should’ve picked people that looked more like the originals.

It was funny seeing marissa tomae from Seinfeld on there though

Glad you enjoyed it!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.