Schizophrenia.com

What did you do when you got outta jail or psych ward? did you say you were gonna face life head-on?

When I got outta jail I went with my gf at the time and got wingstop, when I got outta the psych ward the 3rd time I went in my room and hid and have been doing that for about 7 years now lol. #paranoidlife

3 Likes

I hate dry smoking too😶 coke or coffee or juice could it be.

2 Likes

The last time I got out the hospital I went to look for a trailer to live in because my mom didn’t want to be around me currently we are closer than ever funny how things go

3 Likes

I thought the same things. I had to deal with what was left of me. I’m still doing that but I feel a lot better these days.

2 Likes

I didn’t come out of jail but I have come out after being more or less trapped in a group home for almost 13 continuous months and missing Christmas, Easter, and my birthday with my family due to Covid. I went to a restaurant recently and had the hardest time ordering for the first time in a year. Almost everyone is a stranger now and it’s difficult getting back on a semi regular schedule due to fatigue. It’s difficult to talk again as I got used to living behind a mask. My ability to fantasize about sex seems to be gone as well.

2 Likes

No. I was just happy to be able to use the bathroom without a nurse opening the door and I was happy to get a hot shower after nearly two weeks of the lukewarm push the button showers.

-S

1 Like

It really made me realize to commit to my daily habits to paint the bigger picture. Yeah, everything does change when you leave government confinement.

1 Like

I cut the hospital bracelet; smoked a cigarette; and focused on changing my life this last time.
Previous times, I was running away from something.

1 Like

When I got out of jail I was looking for some kind of hole I could crawl into - an attic room in some kind of abandoned factory, or something like that. I couldn’t find one, so I sat down outside this shopping center for six days, until the police came and arrested me without cause again.

1 Like

I’ve been baker acted 4 times. The last time I got baker acted was for a week and I was completely out of it. That was 3 years ago. I was still pretty delusional when I was released and I think it took another 2 weeks for me to come back down to reality and get into the right state of mind. Then I got hit with a pretty serious depression which lasted for almost a year but I pulled through. I’m very lucky that every time I was released I had a safe place to go to with my family and had the self awareness to work on bettering my situation and take charge of my life.

Since then I’ve promised myself that I will never go back again. It was a scary experience that doesn’t really even help you but rather keeps you locked up in a prison like setting. However, the second time around I’m on the right medication with a decent psychiatrist and have been high functioning in comparison to others with this mental illness. Feel very fortunate.

1 Like