What did you do today?(plus an update on myself)

I went to synagogue 3 times,
two times to one and once to another.
I studied Torah on all occasions, twice on my own and, in the other synagogue,
with a study partner(Havruta).
During one of the times I also participated in prayer services.
I also did my swimming.
I also played some chess.
Now the day isn’t even over.
What about you?

9 Likes

Wow, you had a very nice day! What did you learn? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alone, I studied “path of the just” (מסילת ישרים) .
The book I study also has side notes with the content in brief, and an English translation,
and the English translation helps my comprehension of the text.
With a havruta (חברותא) ,or study partner I studied the Babylonian Talmud, tractate Bava Metzia.
That’s it.
@zeno

1 Like

I cleaned the apartment today and had to make an appointment with my pdoc since I am having mood problems. I also walked to the eye doctors today to get my new glasses. they are a lot stronger than my old pair so I am not use to them yet

2 Likes

Oh I’ve heard of the Babylonian Talmud but what is the path of the just?

@zeno the “path of the just” - falls under the rubric of ethics in Yeshiva studies.
According to the introduction- it teaches you the right way to serve the Eternal and be pious-
including fear of the Eternal, following the path of the Eternal(that includes the work on character traits,
or midot (מידות) ) ,love of the Eternal, purity(or wholeness) of the heart, and the observance of all the commandments.

2 Likes

I went at my job. I didn’t have so much work to do. It’s like that in software development : sometimes you have extremely busy days, sometimes there’s nothing to do at all and it’s boring. I prefer having a lot of work to do.

This evening, I’m planning watching the movie The imitation game. I saw it at the movie theater but I want to watch it again.

2 Likes

That’s an awesome day, @Erez_Shmerling!
I went to work. After work I ran an errand. On the way home there was an accident, so there was a bit of traffic.
Now I’m home relaxing, with my cat on my lap.
Not as interesting a day as yours, but it’ll do.

1 Like