What concerts have people been to?

Devo…before they got big man.

No, I made a list once, I haven’t been to that many big name shows for sure. First concert was the Mighty, Mighty Bosstones with my girlfriend and her dad, one of the horn players totally hit on her and the entire band signed my shirt.

Went to a lot of local and underground punk and ska stuff. Saw Phish. Stone Temple Pilots, Weezer, Everclear, Greenday, Andrew Bird, Rancid, totally random stuff and a bunch more I can’t remember right now.

2 Likes

Heart, Def Leopard, Garth Brooks. I’ve lived on own for 20 years now with modest income, then SSDI check. Just cannot afford concerts around here as top row seats can even be $100+ for some concerts.

2 Likes

A lot of the old folk / rock singer song writers. Way back when. Heard Joan Baez sing in front of a big American Flag as a backdrop at Vanderbilt University during the anti-war years. Mingling with all the people wearing hippie clothes…me, too, straight from the suburbs.

2 Likes

Every time you mention Joan Baez it reminds me of the time I was at work in 1985 and she walked in with a friend and was standing about 6 feet away. She used to live a few cities south of San Fransisco when I was living close by.

1 Like

you saw Wu Tang?? when? I’ve only seen Phish, Dave Mathews, and one other one i won’t mention. 3 concerts in my entire life. sad. wait, there was Metallica. four.

I’ve seen The Beastie Boys, Ben Harper, Gogol Bordello, RATM, John Butler Trio, Moloko, Eric Clapton, Leonard Cohen, Brendan Perry from Dead Can Dance solo, some portuguese and brazilian players and bands, and lots of concerts from friends bands. The last concert I went to was a friends band. I wanted to go see Muse next may but I think it’s too expensive and I’m not sure any of my friends would want to come with me.

I like Moonspell, a Portuguese heavy metal band. Never seen them but I like them.

I’ve seen Moonspell live too, they’re good yeah

1 Like

Skillet, Flyleaf, Kiss, Shinedown (By accident – they opened for Kiss.), The Letter Black, Switchfoot, Frank Mills.
I need to get out more and see some more good shows…

I saw wu tang a few years ago. It was ok they were very…lethargic on stage cause they were all drunk and stoned, past the threshold someone should drink on stage. It wasn’t fantastic honestly. I like their studio albums much more.

I’ve been to see Maynard Ferguson, The Roches, Avenged Sevenfold, Korn, and the Mayhem Metal Festival.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.