What changed my life completely around

When I was 19 year old I started taking Seroquel, 400mg in the morning and 400mg in the evening. I struggled a lot with very terrifying anxiety and confusion as a side effect. It lasted up to 45 minutes in bad cases. One time I even took 800mg at once by accident. I seriously thought I was going to have to kill myself at that moment.

The mixture between confusion and anxiety is the worst thing in the world. Imagine having a very strong panic attack and at the same time so confused that you don’t know what’s happening to you. It’s literally very frightening and it takes its toll on your life, you feel all that pent up energy bubbling inside you and you release it on everyone around you, for no reason.

In 2008 I started to take something called Møller’s Total, in Norway. It is a mixture of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and Omega 3.

In 2008, after only a few weeks on that my craving for food improved and I was not underweight anymore. My depression decreased more and more and my confusion-panic became smaller and smaller. I remember praying to god that this would be the end of my problems and to this day I am yet to have any big worries about side effects or Schizophrenia symptoms. I would no longer release my pent up energy on the people around me.

I stopped taking medicines in december 2009 due to alcoholism and a strong delirium and after the delirium I got very psychotic. After my worst symptoms were gone, my brain decided to forget everything and I lost my memory for one year, it gradually came more and more back to me and after one year I was pretty much myself again.

I mention this because in the middle of all that I did not take my vitamin supplement and my confusion-anxiety came back, my depression took over and I started losing weight. I remembered that the health supplement had saved me before and after a week or two on that I was gaining weight again and everything got better.

I strongly urge everyone who has Schizophrenia that do not eat a perfect diet to use a complete health supplement. Dont forget Omega 3.

4 Likes

i eat canned salmon everyday and it has really helped me stay out of depression. fish oil didnt! high quality one even!

1 Like

I’m glad you have found this mix and were able to get feeling better again. It’s interesting that food can have a huge effect on the body… we take it so much for granted.

I’m on Seroquel and Latuda and I eat salmon almost everyday just because I love it and I live in a city that is all about Salmon. Didn’t know how lucky i was.

i take fish oil supplements. I don’t like fish so not sure if i would like salmon but i’d be willing to try it.

SurprisedJ, here in Arizona, salmon is $20/pound. The price of fish here is ridiculous! That said, I love the Talapia with crab meat that you can get at Outback Steakhouse.

That would make me so sad. I LOVE salmon. :fishing_pole_and_fish: