What causes episodes

What causes an episode to happen, especially if already on antipsychotics?

2 Likes

Stress and aggravation nd arguing is what causes my episodes no matter how much or how long or consistent I am with medicine

4 Likes

She @anon36372018 hit it on the head. It’s stress

3 Likes

My breakthrough symptoms manifest when me and my friend argue. One time, when I was stressed cause my cat got out and I was walking up and down our street calling him. Also, when I play guitar too loud, although since I moved to our place in January last year I’ve kept the window shut in my room. Basically when I’m stressed and I think the neighbors can hear me for whatever reason.

1 Like

For me it’s stress and lack of sleep.

7 Likes

My dad’s had a stroke a while back. I guess that’s still what’s stressing me out.

3 Likes

For me, it’s either lack of sleep, getting very, very physically ill, big time stress, doing illegal drugs like marijuana or missing two days or more worth of psych meds.

5 Likes

High stress and anxiety levels

4 Likes

I hope you and your dad both feel better soon @Cici2. I’m sorry all of this is happening.

1 Like

Drugs, stimulants and stress mostly I think.

2 Likes

Yeah stress is a major trigger.

3 Likes

Stress. lack of sleep. not taking care of yourself.

3 Likes

I’m sure it’s an acidity problem. Low pH can trigger panic attacks, for example. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/panic-attacks-as-ph-problem/

The foods you eat can alter your brain’s pH, within the tiny range all the acid and alkaline buffers try to keep it at. Being at the low, acidic end of that range is correlated with various mental illnesses, like schizophrenia and bipolar, and being at the high, alkaline end is correlated with clarity of thought, and high IQ, even.

2 Likes

Probably chronic stress and reduced immunity are factors, but it is very difficult to prove. Maybe inadequate treatment. Additionally, smoking and tobacco use may reduce the levels in one’s system of certain medications. A patient may have been stabilized on an antipsychotic medication in the hospital and then after discharge and when the smoking starts back, the levels fall and the person may become more symptomatic.

1 Like

Stress, my mom venting on me, my dogs being bad and my car.

1 Like

Triggers for me are stress, arguments with my husband, watching the news or violence on films, social functions, sickness, thunderstorms, speaking on phone, driving etc. Most produce just anxiety but others like arguments and TV make me get intrusive thoughts or aggressive or depression.

1 Like

Stress and poor sleep for me.

2 Likes

Lack of sleep, stress and being excited about something.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.