What causes a pot belly and how do i make it better?

Get an exercise bike and do five mins of really fast peddling then rest for two mins then five mins again, keep doing this until you start sweating you’ll loose that belly I’m two months guaranteed, that’s my plan anyway

1 Like

Sit ups and crunches will help some. Weight training burns fat faster than anything. i did crunches n a weight machine and slimmed my belly a lot.

2 Likes

That’s a bad idea. If you can’t do it without your friend, then you can’t do it. He is unlikely to be available for you often enough. Find your own motivation and a way to stick to it. Don’t rely on others, and don’t rely on gym memberships or buying equipment or any of the other common shortcuts. Those are all terrible ways of starting out. You can’t bribe yourself and you can’t rely on external motivators.

Also, don’t reward yourself after a workout. That’s another way of preventing yourself from internalizing the motivation and sticking to it.

1 Like

Ifound it easy to start slowly. i walked on the treadmill for 30 min and ramped up to an hour after a few weeks. You wapk slow up rolling hills, then move it up faster and higher. Then I added weight training, a little at a time.

i got to like the chemical release “high” and never missed a workout. i miss that feeling. You get addicted to how goodyou feel.

3 Likes

I’m vegan, and am about at a healthy weight. My doctor is pleased. I still have a little bit of a tummy but you can’t tell with a shirt on

1 Like

Math problem: Eating and storing too many calories, not burning enough calories. You’re going to need to burn more calories than you’re taking in to get rid of it. Time for salads and walkies!

2 Likes

I wasn’t eating my daily recommended amount anyway, I was under and now I am eating less so I am well below what it says I should consume,

Idk why I am large tbh :frowning:

This is my problem with food .

Second, overeating and obesity may arise from an inability to accurately detect interoceptive signals of satiety

The full feeling after eating is no better here than it was in Essex . I try harder to ignore the feelings of hunger, but it’s not easy . It’s very much a case of 4 steps forward and 3 steps back .

One thing I have cut back on is the takeaways . What helps is that there’s fewer places to choose from than in Essex . I have about 2-3 takeaways a month compared to the 14 or so I had a month in Essex .

I should do more exercise , but am always stumped as to what to do . Walking is an option but I can only walk short distances because of my poor sense of direction .

Added to that is lower back ache . It’s at the point now that even walking a short distance to put the rubbish out can make my lower back ache . The solution of course is to be more mobile , which in the long term will help my back . In the short term though it’s hard .

That’s what everyone thinks. We’re not good at keeping track of how much we eat, and low metabolism is rarely the reason people become overweight. And at any rate, you consumed more calories than you burned, and the solution is to start burning more than you consume.

In the case of highly processed foods, your body apparently absorbs about twice the calorie value from them. Example: Eating 750 calories of Kraft Dinner is actually more like 1,500 calories because of how your body is able to “pull” more from it when digesting. Avoid pre-packaged and premade meals as much as possible. This is how it could be possible to be eating under prescribed calories and still gaining.

Diet is more important than exercise wen it comes to weight loss, or just even remaining healthy.

Good luck Mr happy, hope you get wat you aim for

1 Like

i think diet is important but i also think exercise is good too,

I would like to get toned, but i hate to say it but exercise doesnt appeal to me

how do you get a person back into exercise? it is very hard :frowning:

1 Like

Maybe you could just do gentle exercise like walking.

I personally use a stationary bike and then go for a walk.

It’s nice and gentle so that you don’t get put off

1 Like

Be careful with the kicking so you don’t hurt your foot. Also, years ago I used to hit heavy bags with no gloves. Too much and you tear the skin off your knuckles.

And good for you!

@Resilient1. That’s what I thought too. Are you a drinker?

no i drink very little alcohol,

its strange bc i see this type of distended stomach on others at the clubhouse who take meds, it affects a lot of people, idk if its a side effect or just bad diet or not having proper exercise or stress, its hard to know, soemtimes i think i havent been eating enough and thats why my tummy is protruding like those starving kids in Africa :frowning:

My aunt doesn’t eat much but she’s really overweight bc she has a bad thyroid. I don’t know about men and thyroids but women can have problems

Have you gotten checked for worms? It’s not common I don’t think but if you have worms your stomach can poke out. I’m not trying to scare you

2 Likes

it would have been picked up by now, i have been checked with an endoscope and all they said was i had constipation (which i didnt think i have) i just tense my stomach up because of stress which probably tightens everything up but i guess its made it stick out idk

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.