What can you do for dehydration if drinking isn't working?

I just can’t seem to get hydrated. This morning I humidified the house. Yesterday I soaked in the tub, just warm water. I limit caffeine. I’m getting plenty of water. I do live on the desert, but I have for almost 20 years. What else can I do?

I dont know. I fell down and fainted like 5 or 6 times last year becuase i rarely drink water. Hopefully you feel better

1 Like

You were so dehydrated that you passed out? 6 times? Don’t you get dehydration headaches? I get a headache if I think about not drinking water.

I would wake up and crave water sooo bad and was extremely dizzy and couldnt stand up fell down and tried to get up but couldnt and it was usually in the kitchen due to me racing to get water. Scary stuff. One time the paramedics came but i talked them out of helping me. The doctor said it was probably dehydration. Everytime i felt like i was having a stroke and dying or something. Last time was maybe 3 months ago.

Im not very healthy i smoke constantly and probably have underlying health issues or something .

Well, I’m sorry to hear that. I would recommend you drink more water. This is the best time in history to take up drinking it. I highly recommend starting with this Amazon.com: bubly Sparkling Water, Red White and Blue Variety Pack, 12 fl oz Cans (18 Pack), zero calories & zero sugar : Grocery & Gourmet Food

Yes my mom will remind me ive been sort of okay lately. Thanks. I should drink la Croix i like it even though alot of people dpnt

1 Like

La Croix is one of the finest for sure. The link I sent you is to a water that has more flavor options than La Croix and is a bit less expensive. That flavor combo I sent you is sooooooooooooo good.

the cherry is my favorite flavored water, and I’m a total addict and buy different water all the time.

There are some beverages that hydrate better than water. Like gatorade or coconut water.

1 Like

I just had a glass of water. I drank a ton of water on antipsychotics. Im not on them but i dont eat and dont drink very much at all. But symptoms wise i fell great. Im going to buy some type and concentrate on it. I really appreciate your help!

1 Like

They have a drink at Walmart called liquid iv.

1 Like

If you are insatiable for water thats called polydipsia. And if its combined with peeing a lot (or polyuria), and eating a lot, especially sweets, you could be experiencing signs of diabetes. Especially if you take AP’s and are overweight. If these apply, I would see a doctor if I were you. @Leaf

That said, a lot of psych meds cause polydipsia too. I drink fluids just about constantly. And I’m not diabetic.

2 Likes

gatorade. dehydration is not just about water but dehydration of electrolytes and minerals like sodium in the body which are necessary for hydration

2 Likes

I agree with @SkinnyMe . It could be diabetes. Better get that checked to be safe.

1 Like

Leafy if you drink enough water you’ll be hydrated. I drink a glass of iced water every half hour.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.