What can we or should we do about sleeping too much?

they say sleeping over nine hours a day can cut your life expectancy by up to a third.

should we be concerned about sleeping too much? what can or should be done about it?

should we just do what our bodies naturally do, or would it be wise to set an alarm clock or stay up later if we can?

it would also help someone like me not to just lay in bed after i wake up so much.

thoughts?

2 Likes

I sleep at least 12 hours, maybe 14 or 15.
I’m trying to make life pass by sleeping

1 Like

My brother-in-law is a sleep psychologist and when my sleep was poor (well it’s still not great) he advised less sleep to improve it. So maybe sleeping too much matters as the quality is not good? He advised a sleep schedule where I stayed up and then was strict to wake myself up at a certain time. I did not end up following it after week 2, too hard.

For me it is really hard not to stay in bed for as long as possible. I then get scared I’ll never get out of bed. Lately on my days off I’ve been getting out of bed around 10am or sometimes noon, which I’m ok with. I love those moments of blissful sleep though!

I just don’t feel rested on 9 or 8 hours of sleep a night. I need my 10 hours of sleep every night. And I feel darn good on 10 hours too.

1 Like

Everyone naturally needs a different amount of sleep, especially on medications. How do you feel during the day?

1 Like

I’m on the other end, I go without sleep almost one night a week. I get sleep when I can from 5 AM to Noonish. I’m kind of scared to be unconscious lately. Right now I’ve been up 21 hours.

I used to sleep too much when I was on different medicine though. Feels like wasting part of the day.

1 Like

I used to sleep 10 to 12 hours a night. Then I started taking sarcosine and then fish oil. After taking them a long time, i now sleep 7 to 9 hours a night.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.