What are your plans for New Years?

I’m thinkin’ Mentalist marathon.

Red John, baby!

:blush:

3 Likes

I go to bed like I always do at 7 pm. Sometimes I’ll wake up to the sound of illegal fireworks or loud noise from a party but most people round here now are pretty sedate.

Never been big on New Years. Just another day ticked off. I play the short game anyways .

3 Likes

Growing up I daydreamed about spending New Year’s with friends at a bar. That never happened. However when I was young and 20-something I drank cherry juice with 20-something members of my family one time. My eldest niece who was a child at the time walked in and said “What are you guys doing?”. Before my twin and his wife had kids (in our 20’s and early 30’s we’d go over to my younger brother’s house during the holidays (while his kid was with her Mom) and play cards, cuss, excessively eat and drink (In my case soda. In there case maybe something else. I am not a former alcoholic but I fear I’d be one if I tried it.), and basically have a good ol’ time. When I was on Risperdal I could plan when I went to sleep. However I don’t think we did that on New Year’s. Sometimes the best memories aren’t the way you quite picture them growing up but they are OK anyway.

2 Likes

I’m torn.
My friend just kind of assumed I’d be celebrating with him, but another friend had already invited me and I’d accepted.
If I don’t celebrate with the first friend, he’ll be very upset and he’ll have to celebrate alone.

So I don’t know which party to go to.

2 Likes

I’ll probably hang out down here in the basement, go upstairs a few minutes before midnight, then after the ball drops come back down here. NYE just isn’t a big thing to me.

4 Likes

Sometimes at Kansas University I’d walk 4 miles off the campus to Lake Clinton and walk part of one of the trails. There were some wildlife in those woods, and some areas where you could get a beautiful view of the lake especially on one man-made hill that reminded me of the hills in the Smokies where part of my family originally came from. I didn’t do any real hiking when we visited the Smokies but went to places like Joyce Kilmore Park where there were some decent walking trails and some very high trees.

3 Likes

My parents are visiting my sister in Arizona, so I’ll be alone for NYE. I’ll probably have some beers, but not too much. Then be asleep by 10 or 11. I used to party for NYE, but those days are long gone. I enjoy the solitude now.

3 Likes

My best made plans for the New Year is to :
1.) Quite smoking by End of April.
2.) Figure out a way to make more friends .
3.) figure out myself some more.
4.) and Hope for the best results for all of the people struggling with any and all kinds of illnesses mental or physical.

2 Likes

We’ll have finger food and watch tv for a while.

3 Likes

2 Likes

My friends are having a party. I’ll probably drink a lil even though I shouldn’t.

2 Likes

I would go to the party that you accepted the invitation to. I mean do you hang with the other friend every year?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.