What are your manic symptoms

I’m just wondering what symptoms you have while manic

I know I’ve asked this before months ago but there are new people here

I can’t sleep very well, like 3 hours a night. I also spend alot of money.

1 Like

I do not officially have manic symptoms now.

But my baseline - before trauma and meds - was rather energetic, adventurous and joyful. Though very introvert. Sometimes the high energy surfaces.

There have been times of extreme euphoria, where I felt overwhelming joy and extacy and connection to everything. And there are moments I am less inhibited, and chat a lot, and do a lot. And impulsively do irresponsible stuff. Like seeing a great village on one of my travels, and randomly getting off the bus, without any clue where I am or where I am supposed to stay.

They called it ADHD. And bipolar. And emotional and physical intensity because of giftedness. And borderline. And PTSD. And medication side effects. And food reactions.

Now they just ignore it and say it is my character.

Don’t know. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Never been manic a day in my life.

1 Like

I just looked at a definition of mania and I would say uncontrolled emotions and can’t sleep and energetic.

1 Like

Hmm…

• Talking too much and too fast
  • Louder voice, like trouble controlling my volume
  • Irritable
  • Impulsive
  • High energy
  • Fewer hours of sleep, like waking up at 3am and not being able to go back to bed
  • More productive, like being able to clean the whole house (I usually struggle with chores, but when manic, I have no problem cleaning and I usually try to take advantage of this)
  • Racing thoughts
  • Going from laughing uncontrollably to crying uncontrollably (i.e. in the morning, I will be laughing a lot, and then by the evening, I am sobbing)
  • Careless with money
  • Hypersexual

I think that’s everything.

3 Likes

Not sleeping, euphoria, anger, rage, pacing, grandiose delusions.

1 Like

I never had mania

1 Like

Euphoria, rage, visions, talking a lot, hypersexuality, high confidence to the max. I don’t like the rage sympton at all.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.