Schizophrenia.com

What are you reading at the moment? (it's that time again)

I haven’t read anything in a long time. The last book I read was “Anna Karenina”.

2 Likes

Haven’t read a book in a really long time. The last time I could just read a page but already forgot what it was about.

I read the forum mostly at my last resort to reading. I have some books that I really would like to read, but it’s a challange, and I kind of can not any longer sit still and focus, I’m doing mindlessly smoking and watching videos.

I see how badly it affects my cognition. I fear the quietness, even if I lastly have sit for over an hour in quietness.

It’s hard to cope with the delusions and voices.

2 Likes

Erving Goffmann: “Interaction ritual” and random papers about phenomenology and schizophrenia on academia.edu - an excellent site.

3 Likes

I am reading ‘Freedom from the known’ by Jiddhu Krishnamurti.

I have nearly finished it now as it is a short book and am enjoying it very much.

1 Like

Bakunin, and i ordered a big book on Paris Commune of 1871

1 Like

I think we might be reading the same papers. Goffman is fantastic.

Great. Yes Goffman is amazing. Sympathetic and yet technical in his description of human behavior.

Unfortunately it’s very difficult for me to read at the moment. February sadness. I read more when i can sit in the sun in my allotment or on my balcony in my apartment.

Have you ever read Oliver Sacks, the neurologist?

It’s popular science, but the best you can get. Even he is a neurologist, he is very understanding and “broad” in his understanding of human behavior.

2 Likes

No, but I recall seeing some TV series he did years ago.

He is very easy and entertaining, especially his book about hallucinations, if you are in the mood for something interesting and wise.

I might, but except for some minor visual hallucinations I haven’t really experienced psychosis.

1 Like

Reading Danielle Paige Wizard of Oz series. Currently on book 2. Got 2 more books in the series and then the prequel novellas. Then on to original Wizard of Oz.

1 Like

I threw my bible in the trash since it was a major trigger.

2 Likes

That’s good I suppose

Audiobook of Emma by Jane Austen

1 Like

A college textbook on biochemistry for leisure. It’s so complex your head wants to explode.

3 Likes

A crochet pattern for fingerless gloves.

1 Like

Ice Wolf By Richard P. Henrick

1 Like

@seksoempirico

I came across a book you might like:

It looks a bit pricey for me, but thought of you!

3 Likes

Thanks, will check.

1 Like

The bible was written by no God. It was written by men for men and it’s all about men.

2 Likes